how to detecting "xx bytes of leaked memory"

Hey all,

after writing lots of code, somehow the "xx bytes of leaked memory" error sneaked in. i've searched in the forum and documentation but could not find a way how to detect them.

All created objects gets deleted and all array will be set to 0. It's about 4000 lines of code and i can't find the error.

What exactly means this message and how can i find the source ?

Thank you for your help ! Best regards

Christian Stern:

Hey all,

after writing lots of code, somehow the "xx bytes of leaked memory" error sneaked in. i've searched in the forum and documentation but could not find a way how to detect them.

All created objects gets deleted and all array will be set to 0. It's about 4000 lines of code and i can't find the error.

Usually the leaked memory message also has the name of undeleted objects. From there its a matter of solitude the instansiation and deleting of the specific objects and trace each instansiation to its delete

Christian Stern:

Hey all,

There are a lot of bugs in the new release. For example I am getting that error whenever I use StringSplit

nicholi shen:

There are a lot of bugs in the new release. For example I am getting that error whenever I use StringSplit

Yes, after tracing down the path to the error, i see, its the same. I am using StringSplit too.

Amir Yacoby:
Usually the leaked memory message also has the name of undeleted objects. From there its a matter of solitude the instansiation and deleting of the specific objects and trace each instansiation to its delete

no, it just say 1008 bytes of memory leaked. No hint to a object. All objects gets cleanup correctly.

Christian Stern:

no, it just say 1008 bytes of memory leaked. No hint to a object. All objects gets cleanup correctly.

So write to service desk

Christian, what MT5 build do you have?

kypa:
Christian, what MT5 build do you have?

Guess, the latest. Its: "Version: 5.0 build: 1934 ( 30 Oct 2018 )

Hi friends, I updated the version to 1936 and the error disappeared. I don´t change anything else in my code.

Cid Ougaske:
Hi friends, I updated the version to 1936 and the error disappeared. I don´t change anything else in my code.
indeed ....uiiii magic :D thank you mql team

Christian Stern:
indeed ....uiiii magic :D thank you mql team

This week I got an Autoupdate to MT5 (Broker) 1940.

;)