error 10015 with a buy limit order

Hi

I have been trying to modify this bit of sample code for use.  I keep getting the Invalid Price error. Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks

double volume=0.1;
   string symbol="GBPUSD";    // specify the symbol, at which the order is placed
   int    digits=(int)SymbolInfoInteger(symbol,SYMBOL_DIGITS); // number of decimal places
   double point=SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_POINT);         // point
   double ask=SymbolInfoDouble(symbol,SYMBOL_ASK);             // current buy price
   double price=1000*point;                                   // unnormalized open price
   price=NormalizeDouble(price,digits);                        // normalizing open price
   int SL_pips=300;                                            // Stop Loss in points
   int TP_pips=500;                                            // Take Profit in points
   double SL=price-SL_pips*point;                              // unnormalized SL value
   SL=NormalizeDouble(SL,digits);                              // normalizing Stop Loss
   double TP=price+TP_pips*point;                              // unnormalized TP value
   TP=NormalizeDouble(TP,digits);                              // normalizing Take Profit
   datetime expiration=TimeTradeServer()+PeriodSeconds(PERIOD_D1);
   string comment=StringFormat("Buy Limit %s %G lots at %s, SL=%s TP=%s",
                               symbol,volume,
                               DoubleToString(price,digits),
                               DoubleToString(SL,digits),
                               DoubleToString(TP,digits));
//--- everything is ready, sending a Buy Limit pending order to the server
   if(!trade.BuyLimit(volume,price,symbol,SL,TP,ORDER_TIME_GTC,expiration,comment))
     {
      //--- failure message
      Print("BuyLimit() method failed. Return code=",trade.ResultRetcode(),
            ". Code description: ",trade.ResultRetcodeDescription());
     }
   else
     {
      Print("BuyLimit() method executed successfully. Return code=",trade.ResultRetcode(),
            " (",trade.ResultRetcodeDescription(),")");
     }

cjduke:

Hi

I have been trying to modify this bit of sample code for use.  I keep getting the Invalid Price error. Does anyone have any ideas

Thanks

This part doesn't make sense, and it's the reason you aren't getting filled. This needs to be a relevant entry price. 

double price=1000*point;                                   // unnormalized open price
   price=NormalizeDouble(price,digits);                        // normalizing open price

Your pip calculations are also wrong and need to be adjusted for 3|5 digit brokers (all of them). Also, you need to be using volume that's within the parameters of the symbol and also you need to be rounding to the tick-size and not the point. CSymbolInfo will help make your code more readable and provide easier access to the API data. 

#include <Trade\Trade.mqh>
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Script program start function                                    |
void OnStart()
{
   const int num_pips_entry = 10;
   const string symbol_to_trade = "GBPUSD";

CSymbolInfo symbol;
   symbol.Name(symbol_to_trade);
   symbol.RefreshRates();
   double volume = symbol.LotsMin();
   double xpip = symbol.Point();
   if(symbol.Digits() == 3 || symbol.Digits() == 5)
      xpip *= 10;
   double price_entry = round_tick(
      symbol.Ask() - num_pips_entry * xpip,
      symbol
   );
   double sl = round_tick(price_entry - 300 * xpip, symbol);
   double tp = round_tick(price_entry + 500 * xpip, symbol);
   datetime expiration = TimeCurrent() + PeriodSeconds(PERIOD_D1);
   int digits = symbol.Digits();
   string comment = StringFormat(
      "Buy Limit %s: %.2f lots @ %s, SL=%s TP=%s",
       symbol.Name(), volume,
       DoubleToString(price_entry, digits),
       DoubleToString(sl, digits),
       DoubleToString(tp, digits)
   );
   CTrade trade;
   bool is_success = trade.BuyLimit(
      volume, price_entry, symbol.Name(), sl, tp, 
      ORDER_TIME_GTC, expiration, comment
   );
   printf("BuyLimit() method %s. Return code=%d. Code description: %s",
      is_success ? "Successful" : "Failed",
      trade.ResultRetcode(), 
      trade.ResultRetcodeDescription()
   );
}

double round_tick(double price, CSymbolInfo &symbol)
{
   return round(price / symbol.TickSize()) * symbol.TickSize();
}

nicholi shen:

This part doesn't make sense, and it's the reason you aren't getting filled. This needs to be a relevant entry price. 

Your pip calculations are also wrong and need to be adjusted for 3|5 digit brokers (all of them). Also, you need to be using volume that's within the parameters of the symbol and also you need to be rounding to the tick-size and not the point. CSymbolInfo will help make your code more readable and provide easier access to the API data. 

Thanks

Hi 

Just an update in order to eventually get round this problem, i used the following code

#include <Trade\Trade.mqh>
CTrade  trade;
// at the top of the page  

double askNow =NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_ASK),_Digits);

double bidNow =NormalizeDouble(SymbolInfoDouble(_Symbol,SYMBOL_BID),_Digits);  

if(OrdersTotal()==0 && PositionsTotal()==0)
   {

trade.SellLimit(0.10,(askNow+(200*_Point)),_Symbol,0,(bidNow-(200*_Point)),ORDER_TIME_GTC,0,0);

}

I then modified it for my purposes

error 10015 with my sell orders

Hello team members,

I have a grim problem; I have written the function below to send pending orders to broker. Currently I am looking at BTCUSD and I keep getting "error 10015" as a response. I am new to MQL5; I have just been at it at about a week; so getting to understanf=d the language must have compromised by the need to rush to have a useful script ready. Pardon me for that.Any help suggestions w=etc shall be appreciated. Thanks!

// called from inside batch_submit_pending orders())

void MqlTradeRequest_creator(string m_ticket,datetime m_datatstamp,string m_symbol,string m_direction,double m_entryprice,double m_takeprofit,double m_stoploss,double m_lotsize,string order_modifySLTP_or_cancel) 

{

MqlTradeRequest request;
MqlTradeResult  result;

int digits_ = SymbolInfoInteger(m_symbol,SYMBOL_DIGITS);

Print("!",SymbolInfoInteger(pair_array[0],SYMBOL_DIGITS));

datetime request_expiry = m_datatstamp + PeriodSeconds(PERIOD_H4);
if(order_modifySLTP_or_cancel == "order"){request.action = TRADE_ACTION_PENDING;}
if(order_modifySLTP_or_cancel == "modifySLTP"){request.action = TRADE_ACTION_MODIFY;}
if(order_modifySLTP_or_cancel == "cancel"){request.action = TRADE_ACTION_REMOVE;}

if(m_direction =="LONG"){request.type = ORDER_TYPE_BUY_LIMIT;}else{request.type = ORDER_TYPE_SELL_LIMIT;}

long ticket = StringToInteger(StringSubstr(m_ticket,2,15));

request.order = ticket;
request.symbol = m_symbol;
request.volume = NormalizeDouble(m_lotsize,digits_);
request.price = NormalizeDouble(m_entryprice,digits_);
request.sl = NormalizeDouble(m_stoploss,digits_);
request.tp  = NormalizeDouble(m_takeprofit,digits_);
request.type_filling = ORDER_FILLING_FOK;
request.type_time =ORDER_TIME_SPECIFIED;
request.expiration = request_expiry;
request.comment = "placed by xapiens_ea";

//Implementing trailing stop-loss

double breakeven_trailing_stop_price = 0.0;  // activated when price is +0.5% in profit and moves stop-loss to open-price.
double above_1pc_trailing_stop_price = 0.0;  // takes over from breakeven_trailing_stop_price once profitability hits 1% and trails at 60% of profitability.
double dynamic_trailing_stop_price =0.0;     // takes over from above_1pc_trailing_stop_price once profitability hits 1.5% and trails at 70% of profitability.
double current_price = 0.0;
double current_profit=0.0;
double current_bid_price = 0.0;
double current_ask_price = 0.0;
double trailing_stop_price = 0.0;

if(m_direction == "LONG"){
breakeven_trailing_stop_price = (1.0+(0.5/100))*m_entryprice;
above_1pc_trailing_stop_price = (1.0+(1.0/100))*m_entryprice;
dynamic_trailing_stop_price =(1.0 + (1.5/100))*m_entryprice;
current_bid_price = SymbolInfoDouble(m_symbol,SYMBOL_BID);
current_profit = NormalizeDouble(current_bid_price - m_entryprice,digits_);

if( (m_entryprice+current_profit) < breakeven_trailing_stop_price){trailing_stop_price = m_stoploss;}else{

if( (current_profit >0) && ((m_entryprice + current_profit) >= breakeven_trailing_stop_price) && ((m_entryprice + current_profit) < above_1pc_trailing_stop_price) ){trailing_stop_price = breakeven_trailing_stop_price;}

if( (m_entryprice + current_profit) > breakeven_trailing_stop_price && (m_entryprice + current_profit) >= above_1pc_trailing_stop_price &&  (m_entryprice + current_profit) < dynamic_trailing_stop_price )
{ trailing_stop_price = above_1pc_trailing_stop_price;} 

if( (current_profit + m_entryprice) >= dynamic_trailing_stop_price ){trailing_stop_price = dynamic_trailing_stop_price;}

}//ENDIF

}//LONG

if(m_direction == "SHORT"){
breakeven_trailing_stop_price = (1.0 - (0.5/100))*m_entryprice;
above_1pc_trailing_stop_price = (1.0 - (1.0/100))*m_entryprice;
dynamic_trailing_stop_price   = (1.0 - (1.5/100))*m_entryprice;
current_ask_price = SymbolInfoDouble(m_symbol,SYMBOL_ASK);
current_profit = NormalizeDouble(m_entryprice - current_ask_price,2);

if( (m_entryprice - current_profit) > breakeven_trailing_stop_price){trailing_stop_price = m_stoploss;}else{

if( (current_profit >0) && ((m_entryprice - current_profit) <= breakeven_trailing_stop_price) && ((m_entryprice + current_profit) > above_1pc_trailing_stop_price) ){trailing_stop_price = breakeven_trailing_stop_price;}

if( (m_entryprice - current_profit) < breakeven_trailing_stop_price && (m_entryprice - current_profit) <= above_1pc_trailing_stop_price &&  (m_entryprice - current_profit) > dynamic_trailing_stop_price )
{trailing_stop_price = above_1pc_trailing_stop_price;} 

if( (m_entryprice - current_profit) <= dynamic_trailing_stop_price ){trailing_stop_price = dynamic_trailing_stop_price;}

}//ENDIF

}

request.sl = NormalizeDouble(trailing_stop_price,digits_);

Print("|ticket:",ticket,"|dxn:",m_direction,"|symbol:",m_symbol,"|volume:",m_lotsize,"|entryprice:",m_entryprice,"|deviation:",int((0.250/100)*m_entryprice),"|tstamp:",m_datatstamp,"|expiration:",request_expiry,"|trail_stop:",trailing_stop_price,"|current_profit:",current_profit);

bool res = OrderSend(request,result);

if( (res && result.retcode == TRADE_RETCODE_DONE) || (res && result.retcode == TRADE_RETCODE_PLACED))
{
Print("Trade successfully placed");
}
else
{
Print("Trade not placed. Error code ",result.retcode);
}

} //EOF

MQL5 forum
MQL5 forum
  • www.mql5.com
MQL5: Forum on automated trading systems and strategy testing