Discussion of article "Create your own Market Watch using the Standard Library Classes"

New article Create your own Market Watch using the Standard Library Classes is published:

The new MetaTrader 5 client terminal and the MQL5 Language provides new opportunities for presenting visual information to the trader. In this article, we propose a universal and extensible set of classes, which handles all the work of organizing displaying of the arbitrary text information on the chart. The example of Market Watch indicator is presented.

Indicator of the market review

Author: Dima

Dima...this is a fine piece of work...thank you for writing these indicators.

I have one problem, though.  When I try to compile MarketWatch.mq5, I get an error that says: "'RefreshSymbolInfo' - cannot call protected member function".

Do you know why I'm getting this error?

Thanks again,

ChuckM

Same issue :(

ChuckM:

Dima...this is a fine piece of work...thank you for writing these indicators.

I have one problem, though.  When I try to compile MarketWatch.mq5, I get an error that says: "'RefreshSymbolInfo' - cannot call protected member function".

Do you know why I'm getting this error?

Thanks again,

ChuckM

Thank you. The problem is fixed. Please download MarketWatch.mqh again.

You can fix it manually if you replace declaration of RefreshSymbolInfo() to the public section of SymbolWatchDisplay class:

public:
        void            RefreshSymbolInfo();

Great article. Thanks.

Helps me very much.

FinGeR:

Great article. Thanks.

Helps me very much.

Thanks. You are wellcome.

День добрый!

Отличная работа, немного изменил под себя цвета и строки таблицы, пользуюсь с благодарностью. 

Вопрос по коду если позволите.

Почему средняя за 20 дней считается именно таким образом?

Возможно ответ на поверхности, но я не улавливаю почему не взято обычное среднее арифметическое.

Спасибо! 

ns_k:

День добрый!

Отличная работа, немного изменил под себя цвета и строки таблицы, пользуюсь с благодарностью. 

Вопрос по коду если позволите.

Почему средняя за 20 дней считается именно таким образом?

Возможно ответ на поверхности, но я не улавливаю почему не взято обычное среднее арифметическое.

Спасибо! 

I doubt you receive a response here, even if you wrote Russian. Try to post your comment on the Russian thread about this article.

angevoyageur:
I doubt you receive a response here, even if you wrote Russian. Try to post your comment on the Russian thread about this article.

Sorry, I figured out that Dima is Russian and as that thread about this article was empty, so I posted it here. 

In fact I am too very doubtful about any response at all as a lot of time has passed since the article was posted.

This leads me to the next thought. Why it is so, that forum doesn't have "notify me by email" feature?

Thank you! 

ns_k:

Sorry, I figured out that Dima is Russian and as that thread about this article was empty, so I posted it here. 

In fact I am too very doubtful about any response at all as a lot of time has passed since the article was posted.

This leads me to the next thought. Why it is so, that forum doesn't have "notify me by email" feature?

Thank you! 

Yes there is such a function (Profile - Favorites - Notifications). But it's not actived by default.

As an alternative you can also PM the author.

angevoyageur:

Yes there is such a function (Profile - Favorites - Notifications). But it's not actived by default.

As an alternative you can also PM the author.

Thank you! You help is very welcomed as usual :)

Wonder why there isn't "notify me at once" and "notify me when thread I started get updates" options.

Reason: