inappropriate symbols

please can you led me to an article or post about checking for inappropriate symbols when coding  indicator or EA  ??? thanks for help

hadher ramadhan: please can you led me to an article or post about checking for inappropriate symbols when coding  indicator or EA  ??? thanks for help

What do you mean by "inappropriate symbols"?

Fernando Carreiro:

What do you mean by "inappropriate symbols"?

i think it is other symbols than forex like metals or indices  !! i guess it is required when trying to publish  a code in the market like when we check for digits or not enough money or other function s

hadher ramadhan: i think it is other symbols than forex like metals or indices  !! i guess it is required when trying to publish  a code in the market like when we check for digits or not enough money or other function s

Then make your EA code compatible to all symbols!

Make your code check and adjust to things like the Point Size, the Tick Size, Tick Value, the Lot Step, the Minimum and Maximum Lot size, etc. as well as implement proper money management based on the stop size risk and/or margin risk.

You cannot just try to filter out so called "inappropriate symbols", because the user may wish to use them and also because there are so many variations on their names.

Please also read the following post that could be related to your question: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/282934#comment_8954605

Limit volume
Limit volume
  • www.mql5.com
Hello everyone I am having problems with limiting the volume of lots, I would like to know if you can help me please, this is the code to obtain th...

Fernando Carreiro:

Then make your EA code compatible to all symbols!

Make your code check and adjust to things like the Point Size, the Tick Size, Tick Value, the Lot Step, the Minimum and Maximum Lot size, etc. as well as implement proper money management based on the stop size risk and/or margin risk.

You cannot just try to filter out so called "inappropriate symbols", because the user may wish to use them and also because there are so many variations on their names.

Please also read the following post that could be related to your question: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/282934#comment_8954605

very fast reply and many thanks to you great man