Calculate the diff between two assets

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to calculate the difference between two assets in MT4. By this I mean can you have a chart showing the difference between the USDJPY and the EURJPY.

(USDJPY)-(EURJPY) = x

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cameron ForsterHi all. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to calculate the difference between two assists in MT4. By this I mean can you have a chart showing the difference between the USDJPY and the EURJPY.

(USDJPY)-(EURJPY) = x

Yes, that is possible, but it does not make any mathematical sense to find the difference between.

Cameron Forster:
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to calculate the difference between two assets in MT4. By this I mean can you have a chart showing the difference between the USDJPY and the EURJPY.

(USDJPY)-(EURJPY) = x

Although it would not hold the same data, the shape of any graph would be roughly inversely proportional to the EURUSD

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, that is possible, but it does not make any mathematical sense to find the difference between.

Hi Fernando.

Thanks for this. I use the information to trade relative strength on various instruments. For example if I was looking at the spread on the pairs mention, certain movements give me a trade over the EURUSD.

Can you assist?

Cameron Forster: Thanks for this. I use the information to trade relative strength on various instruments. For example if I was looking at the spread on the pairs mention, certain movements give me a trade over the EURUSD.

Can you assist?

If you don't have any coding skills, then it is best to hire someone in the Freelance section to code a solution for you.

Here on the forum it is customary that you show your coding attempt at the solution and then we can comment and offer suggestions to resolve the problem.

You need to calculate the charts in percentages, both price changing (since a certain basis moment) and spreads.

This will work for some more or less exotic crosses though, not for EUR/USD. But EUR/USD is poop anyway, you shouldn't trade it. For countertrend/range fading strategies AUD/CAD might be the best, for trends - Crude Oil for intraday and Gold for swing to medium timeframes.

Not like (USDJPY)-(EURJPY) = x

But you can do:

EURAUD * AUDUSD = EURUSD
1.4065 * 0.9335 = 1.3130

EURCAD / USDCAD = EURUSD
1.4273 / 1.0870 = 1.3130

EURCHF / USDCHF = EURUSD
1.2070 / 0.9192 = 1.3130

EURGBP * GBPUSD = EURUSD
0.7903 * 1.6613 = 1.3130

EURJPY / USDJPY = EURUSD
137.01 / 104.34 = 1.3130

To identify and isolate the leaders, and the more lagging ones, if you know what i mean...

Marco vd Heijden:

I think you are abusing your power as a moderator. I personally don't get along too well with @nicholi shen, but his posts are correct in stating that what you have claimed, has nothing to do with the Pythagorean theorem.

There is no shame in being wrong once in a while, but lashing out this way is an abuse of your power as a moderator.

Yes I understand that he can sometimes be a bit "troll-like", but he did have a point and deleting his posts and banning him is an abuse of your power.

Please replace his posts an un-ban him or I will be forced to lodge a complaint with the other moderators.

Think whatever you like.

I never mentioned Pythagorean Theorem, he added that part.

If you think that i am incapable for this task, go ahead and file a complaint against me.

This is not about being right or wrong.

I am not playing his games.

I will accept no more trolling.

The answer i gave above is what i wanted to reply to the OP.

And that's it.

Marco vd Heijden:

Think whatever you like.

This is not about being right or wrong.

I am not playing his games.

I will accept no more trolling.

The answer i gave above is what i wanted to reply to the OP.

And that's it.

Sorry, but I don't agree with your assessment in this case. I will formally lodge a complaint then. Thank you!

Go ahead.

Reason: