Gross Pips for signal provider not the same as on myfxbook

Hi all, 

Example:  A signal provider on MQL5  - Gross Profit Pips 35,010 less Gross Loss Pips 14,945 = Net Profit Pips  20,065.

Same signal provider's account on myfxbook is showing 2,053 net pips

It is like one tenth 1/10 of the MQL5 figure.  Why does MQL5 not show the same,correctnet pips figure of 2,053 ? 

Perhaps this a "cent" account (but I doubt it)?  If yes, how can we spot they are using a cent account easily, if they do not declare it.

I cannot send URL links to illustrate as it could be considered as advertising a provider.

TIA

Your post has been edited.

Please do not post links to service providers as this can be considered advertising and can get you banned

broncoman:

Hi all, 

Example:  A signal provider on MQL5  - Gross Profit Pips 35,010 less Gross Loss Pips 14,945 = Net Profit Pips  20,065.

Same signal provider's account on myfxbook is showing 2,053 net pips

It is like one tenth 1/10 of the MQL5 figure.  Why does MQL5 not show the same,correctnet pips figure of 2,053 ? 

Perhaps this a "cent" account (but I doubt it)?  If yes, how can we spot they are using a cent account easily, if they do not declare it.

I cannot send URL links to illustrate as it could be considered as advertising a provider.

TIA

Quite wrongly MQL5 signal statistics refer to point as pips, this is a mistake they have to correct.

I will contact the Service Desk about this.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Quite wrongly MQL5 signal statistics refer to point as pips, this is a mistake they have to correct.

I will contact the Service Desk about this.

Hi Eleni

Have you received any reply from the Service Desk yet on this? 

TIA

broncoman:

Hi Eleni

Have you received any reply from the Service Desk yet on this? 

TIA

Yes, I din't understand anything though, see if you make something yourself:

"We name the minimal change of price as pips into Signal service. I can't remember/know how and why  it was happened but it has simple explanation — we use parameter Digits for every Symbol and consider the Point as pip. That's why for 4- and 5-digits Symbols we show the Profit in pips without separation on points and pips. It is just convenient for calculations and we don't have to keep in mind if there is pips or point.

As we can see everybody can look at Statistics section of particlular Signal in order to understand in wich units the Statistics is shown.

We are not planning to change something with that becuase it will bring more problems than will resolve this one. I hope you will understand our position."

Reason: