Indicators: DXY Dollar Index

DXY Dollar Index:

This indicator calculates and displays the Dollar Index and 2 definable moving averages. In order for it to work, the broker must provide prices for all the reference pairs, i.e. EURUSD, USDJPY, GBPUSD, USDCAD, USDSEK, USDCHF.

Author: Andy T

which broker to use?

tried on alpari us broker.. seems not showing anything..

please help

thanks.

bolasatuboladua:

which broker to use?

tried on alpari us broker.. seems not showing anything..

please help

thanks.

The broker needs to show the right pairs and the history for all pairs must be loaded, otherwise the indicator value will be NULL or 0. I am working on a version trapping errors to give an alert if the history has not loaded or the pair is not hosted by the broker.

I have used it on Alpari's UK demo server with no problem

i have the same ques,which broker to use : /

<a href="http://www.articlesbase.com/currency-trading-articles/metatrader-brokers-how-to-get-cashback-from-forex-trading-1575375.html">MetaTrader brokers</a>

shanye:

[URL=http://www.articlesbase.com/currency-trading-articles/metatrader-brokers-how-to-get-cashback-from-forex-trading-1575375.html]MetaTrader brokers[/URL]

Please do not spam your articles here - use whichever broker you normally use as long as they offer all necessary pairs. It is an indicator not a holy grail!

Hmm..good indicator, does it work for 5 decimal pricing? doesn't seem so to me

pipthief:

Hmm..good indicator, does it work for 5 decimal pricing? doesn't seem so to me

Thanks - it works for 5 decimals - the images are from Alpari uk = 5 decimals

Hello, how about JPY and GBP index? Is it possible? Thank you.

Could you make it as a 4 decimal pricing? Thank you

Thank you very much andydoc. It works perfectly. The real USD Index. I really appreciate it when people do thorough work.

Fantastic, thank you!

I have an idea though that i think would be great... Is it possible to add a zigzag to this indicator, then for each leg of the zigzag, display the percentage price movements for each of the currency pairs that make up the dollar index?

This would make understanding which pairs move the most during bull trends or bear trends much simpler when trading using the index.

Thanks.

MJL

Reason: