Why is there so much stress and anger in this forum? - page 4

The name of your thread is the following: 'Why is there so much stress and anger in this forum?' 
But if I do not agree that there are so much stress and anger on this forum so what can I do?
We are discussing just one your opinion here, right?

In this case - should I open the other thread namely: 'Why is there so little stress and anger in this forum?'
And let's discuss my opinion on 3 pages ... in "deep way" ..
(joking) 

Anyway, it is mainly related to communication skills, nothing more (my opinion, my skills, and so on).

koranged:

That is definitely a fair comment. But to be honest I think that moderators have a habit of tarring everyone with the same brush. You guys say that it's rare for someone to actually be trying their hardest but it appears to me that it is not nearly as rare as you guys perceive. In the case you have mentioned above, that is ridiculous, I can totally understand your frustration, but in my honest opinion moderators (deliberately or not) often don't give people the time of day and if the question being asked is perceived by the moderator to be 'obvious' then they reply in a rude manor. Not saying this happens all the time and my perception may well be exaggerated but it feels at times like there is a "Us vs. Them" mentality going on and I think we can all agree that this is unnecessary.    

Did you know that it evolved like that ?

It was different in the past.

We recently had a talk about it and what could be done to improve it.

If you look here https://www.mql5.com/en/search#!keyword=thecreator1 

You can see that i have 412 pages of helping people.

I would take the time to help people to develop working systems by creating and stitching the necessary pieces of code together.

All i had to see was that the member was willing put in an equal amount of effort.

And these members have gone extinct, or so it seems. 

All i can see now is instant gratification and even a rude demand for more.

I do not know why it happened, or how to solve it.

Search - MQL5.community
Search - MQL5.community
  • www.mql5.com
Searching is based on morphology and is insensitive to case. All letters, no matter of their case, will be processed as lowercase. By default, our search engine shows pages, that...

koranged:

Okay well unless you can provide hard proof of this 'fact', I will have to take it as your opinion. 

As you want. But that's exactly one of the problem. I am moderator here since more than 5 years, being active almost every day with some exception. Still I would have to prove you most people doesn't come here to learn. Maybe I should provide you statistics ? My perception of your message is very negative, it's very disrespectful, you can think it but you should not say or write it.

In relation to languages, that is probably true, the message's sentiment can easily be lost in translation, I hadn't considered this. 

& the stress and anger is something I perceive to be widespread, so messaging every single person would have took a lot longer than simply posting a quick thread.

Depends of your goal. A general thread will not help much to improve things.

Sergey Golubev:
The name of your thread is the following: 'Why is there so much stress and anger in this forum?' 
But if I do not agree that there are so much stress and anger on this forum so what can I do?

If you do not agree, then you should express your reasons why. To be honest though I think you have already expressed a few reasons (haha), and I am taking what you guys say on board so feel free to tell me why I'm wrong or why you feel differently! 

koranged:

If you do not agree, then you should express your reasons why. To be honest though I think you have already expressed a few reasons (haha), and I am taking what you guys say on board so feel free to tell me why I'm wrong or why you feel differently! 

You named this thread in deep way provocative question (and you judge ..), and looking for different opinion now?
:)

------------

It looks like the following:

• "why you guys are all stupid?"
  • the guys: "we are not stupid ... stupid ... stupid ..."

Alain Verleyen:
As you want. But that's exactly one of the problem. I am moderator here since more than 5 years, being active almost every day with some exception. Still I would have to prove you most people doesn't come here to learn. Maybe I should provide you statistics ? My perception of your message is very negative, it's very disrespectful, you can think it but you should not say or write it.

Depends of your goal. A general thread will not help much to improve thing

A fact is something that can be proved beyond doubt. This cannot be proved beyond doubt, so it is not a fact. I'm not trying to be a dick here, it's just a fact that the opinion you stated is not a 'fact'.

However the fact you have been here for 5 years and that I have been here for under 3 months does count for something and the fact of me not classing your opinion as 'fact' is absolutely not to say that I do not respect your opinion.

I do respect your opinion.

I apologise if you interpreted my message as disrespectful, this was absolutely not my intention. I was being a bit of a smart arse but I was factually correct in what I was saying. 

I do not expect you to provide statistics, I was mearly trying to illustrate that statistics would be necessary if you were trying to prove something as a 'fact'.

Contrary to your opinion, I believe this general thread to have improved my understanding of why moderators/forum regulars can come off as stress ridden or angry.

It is the 4th page of this "angry thread", and we are not yet angry.

Sergey Golubev:

You named this thread in deep way provocative question (and you judge ..), and looking for different opinion now?
:)

------------

It looks like the following:

• "why you guys are all stupid?"
  • the guys: "we are not stupid ... stupid ... stupid ..."

Could you possibly reword this? I appreciate that English is not your main language but the message is rather difficult for me to understand. 

If you are saying that my thread was provocative then you are correct. I was trying to provoke people to provide their opinions so I can gauge a better understanding of the perceived situation.  

Sergey Golubev:
It is the 4th page of this "angry thread", and we are not yet angry.

If you aren't angry then that is fantastic! I wouldn't want you to be angry. 

However my perception (right or wrong) before writing this thread was that there is a feeling of anger and stress in the forum, so I posted the thread to try and gauge a better understanding of why this is the (perceived) case. 

Reason: