Indicators: QQE of CCI

QQE of CCI:

QQE (Quantitative Qualitative Estimation) is normally made using RSI (Relative Strength Index) as a "basic" indicator.

This version is using CCI (Commodity Channel Index) instead. It seems that the job done by the QQE calculation is making a useful indicator and that it is useful in trading, but some experimenting is advised in any case.

Author: Mladen Rakic

Hi Mladen,

It caught my attention that all QQE-based indicators use fractional periods of "Fast" and "Slow" periods.

Is this a requirement?
Can we use integers in these parameters? (2,3,5,8,12 etc.)

Cenk #:

Hi Mladen,

It caught my attention that all QQE-based indicators use fractional periods of "Fast" and "Slow" periods.

Is this a requirement?
Can we use integers in these parameters? (2,3,5,8,12 etc.)

Hi Cenk,

You'd better use the same parameter value for both and it doesn't necessarily have to have decimals.

Hello! I tried above indicator code on mt4. It doesn’t look good. Any idea why? Or, is there a MT4 version of this indicator ? Thanks! 

@Daniel Cioca #: Hello! I tried above indicator code on mt4. It doesn’t look good. Any idea why? Or, is there a MT4 version of this indicator ? Thanks! 

This is MQL5 code. I don't think there is a MQL4 version in the CodeBase. It will need to be converted.

Fernando Carreiro #:

This is MQL5 code. I don't think there is a MQL4 version in the CodeBase. It will need to be converted.

I have tried, but I thought that only fixing the errors will do it, but it doesn’t. 

In the pictures you can see the difference between them 

@Daniel Cioca #I have tried, but I thought that only fixing the errors will do it, but it doesn’t. In the pictures you can see the difference between them 

MQL4 treats buffers and OnCalculate data as a series, while MQL5 treats it as normal arrays. You will have to either reverse the indexing or use ArraySetAsSeries.

Fernando Carreiro #:

MQL4 treats buffers and OnCalculate data as a series, while MQL5 treats it as normal arrays. You will have to either reverse the indexing or use ArraySetAsSeries.

Ok! Didn’t know that. Thanks! I’ll try
Reason: