Experts: NeuroNirvamanEA - page 3

effedielle:
nirvaman:
effedielle:
nirvaman:
whit32457:
nirvaman:
Azb:

nirvaman, are you sure you posted a complete version? and how is such a simple ea supposed to learn something cool based on an optimization of only a week or two ago? are you serious to call this a neural netowrk? this program can react based on 14 days movement of market, but will never see actions which happened years ago. it cannot truly learn anything useful. more over in stage 3 optimization the variables you mention are missing!!! so why do you post incomplete code? on the forum you posted your strategy is not too profitable overall anyway. i think it behaves more or less randomly. for example tell me, why default values in the code differ from paramater values you are posting here in the parameter section? here is the sample:

(

Parameters SSP=20; periods=64; distancia=8; x11=130; x12=80; tp1=43; sl1=17; SSP2=2; periods2=74; distancia2=14; x21=140; x22=86; tp2=49; sl2=16; distancia3=13; distancia4=15; periods3=98; periods4=52; x31=196; x32=78; pass=3; lots=0.1; mn=555;

)

why are these values different from the default ones in the code itself? does it even matter if i pick some custom initial values myself? you need to explain more in detail.

the defaults are the defaults. this EA need the settings obtained in your own optimization. my goal is not to convince anyone, just tio give something to start with. this can work much better with some improvements. this is a counter trend EA

Azb, I too was confused about this until I re read it a couple times. It looks like the optimization must be run 4 times, starting with the values given, then each successive run, index down the list for each parameter. I haven't had the time to do it 4 times (yet) but I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes on a "play money" account.

Whit

thats the correct interpretation. you must run optimization 4 times. each time you have to change variable "pass". after each optimization you must use the settings in the next optimization.

Hello guys!
Congratulations to Nirvaman for code: a curriculum in all respect. And above all, congratulations for the idea to use the first earnings to charity. I agree 1000%
I regret doing the same question for the umpteenth time, but I do not have clear steps for the optimization.

3 steps are described very clearly:

1) long positions optimization

2) short positions optimization

3)market optimization.

But...
In response you said that the optimizations are all 4th. But you also said that the variable step must be left at "3" in order to use the EA.
What are the variables to be set for the fourth optimization?
To use the algorithm as the EA how have I to set the variable "step"?
I am very confused ...

sorry. my mistake. you are right. there is only 3 steps and in must remain in the last step for using is after optimization. Pass=3. you must let it there after optimization. there is not 4th step

One more thing: I imagine that for brokers who use 5-digit we should multiplied by 10 the values of TP and SL . Right?

See ya!
;-)

yes. you must adjust al those things

Hi.

I'm going to perform 3rd optimization, but there is no tracks about ssp3, distancia3, tp3, sl3.

On the other hand, in your set you put period4 and distancia4.

What about ssp3, distancia3, tp3, sl3?

:-D

nirvaman:
effedielle:
nirvaman:
effedielle:
nirvaman:
whit32457:
nirvaman:
Azb:

nirvaman, are you sure you posted a complete version? and how is such a simple ea supposed to learn something cool based on an optimization of only a week or two ago? are you serious to call this a neural netowrk? this program can react based on 14 days movement of market, but will never see actions which happened years ago. it cannot truly learn anything useful. more over in stage 3 optimization the variables you mention are missing!!! so why do you post incomplete code? on the forum you posted your strategy is not too profitable overall anyway. i think it behaves more or less randomly. for example tell me, why default values in the code differ from paramater values you are posting here in the parameter section? here is the sample:

(

Parameters SSP=20; periods=64; distancia=8; x11=130; x12=80; tp1=43; sl1=17; SSP2=2; periods2=74; distancia2=14; x21=140; x22=86; tp2=49; sl2=16; distancia3=13; distancia4=15; periods3=98; periods4=52; x31=196; x32=78; pass=3; lots=0.1; mn=555;

)

why are these values different from the default ones in the code itself? does it even matter if i pick some custom initial values myself? you need to explain more in detail.

the defaults are the defaults. this EA need the settings obtained in your own optimization. my goal is not to convince anyone, just tio give something to start with. this can work much better with some improvements. this is a counter trend EA

Azb, I too was confused about this until I re read it a couple times. It looks like the optimization must be run 4 times, starting with the values given, then each successive run, index down the list for each parameter. I haven't had the time to do it 4 times (yet) but I'm going to give it a shot and see how it goes on a "play money" account.

Whit

thats the correct interpretation. you must run optimization 4 times. each time you have to change variable "pass". after each optimization you must use the settings in the next optimization.

Hello guys!
Congratulations to Nirvaman for code: a curriculum in all respect. And above all, congratulations for the idea to use the first earnings to charity. I agree 1000%
I regret doing the same question for the umpteenth time, but I do not have clear steps for the optimization.

3 steps are described very clearly:

1) long positions optimization

2) short positions optimization

3)market optimization.

But...
In response you said that the optimizations are all 4th. But you also said that the variable step must be left at "3" in order to use the EA.
What are the variables to be set for the fourth optimization?
To use the algorithm as the EA how have I to set the variable "step"?
I am very confused ...

sorry. my mistake. you are right. there is only 3 steps and in must remain in the last step for using is after optimization. Pass=3. you must let it there after optimization. there is not 4th step

One more thing: I imagine that for brokers who use 5-digit we should multiplied by 10 the values of TP and SL . Right?

See ya!
;-)

yes. you must adjust al those things

Hi nirvaman

You keep saying you corrected the step 3 instructions and advice to read it over.

Where is the corrected step 3 instructions?

ALX

nirvaman:

I have corrected a problem with the instructions to train the neural network (stage 3). please read it again. Someone asked if the training of this neural network uses the backtest optimization to do this. the answer is YES. we use the backtester to trian the neural network. thwe settings you obtain in the optimization is the trained neural network

nirvaman:

I have corrected a problem with the instructions to train the neural network (stage 3). please read it again. Someone asked if the training of this neural network uses the backtest optimization to do this. the answer is YES. we use the backtester to trian the neural network. thwe settings you obtain in the optimization is the trained neural network

Hi All,

for the step 3 you need to select distancia3 through x32 and deselect any other.

The training method is simple: you select phase 1 and corresponding parameters. Once the optimization is finished, sort results by profit and double click the line with the best results. This will autoload the settings. Next you deselect current parameter set and go to phase two. So one. Be sure you save settings at each step - it's easy to get lost.

ALX

Hi,

I noticed something rather strange with this EA (maybe with all EAs actually)

I trained this EA over the data of two weeks, then let it trade for a week on a demo account. The result was satisfying.

then I retrained the EA over the two same weeks. Then I ran the EA in the tester over the same week I just ran for "real" in th edemo account. The result was horrible.

Logically, if the historical data and the tester are accurate, the trades over the week in real-time, and the trades over that same week in the tester should be similar. They were completely different. The parameters for the EA, computed over the same 2 weeks were very different too.

I ran the tester in the tick mode, most accurate, for all training and testing.

So, beware, I think the historical data and or the tester can be completely wrong. Which BTW makes sense as the historical data files are very small, so obviously MT4 does not store real tick data.

Sv2 is crap, it uses FORWARD values... not hard to figure when to buy/sell when you look at the future !!

How do you install it?

Reason: