Backtester historical tick data for Monthly timeframe from my broker if broker started like 2 years ago?

Its from their liquidity provider from back then?

MT4 backtester proceeds to "model tick data" since before there were ticks on the broker?

I just want to gather raw tick data from my broker from as far back in time as possible. 1m frame only goes for six months, so I decided since I only need the tick data for the raw price action, to just use the monthly chart since it goes farther back in time to year 97 instead of january 2018.

Just started backtesting and would like to know as much as possible.

This will provide *exact* raw tick data from my broker's data provider since the year 97 right? Not really so its an approximation we just have to trust = I'm already skeptical. Live trading is such a sensitive thing.

Anyone have any more knowledge about this? So ive gotta trust them on good faith  that they are giving exact accurate data thats making me worried about the accuracy of backtesting like this before going live like that with real cash. Looks so easy for brokers to get away with anything.

This type of stuff should be illegal. Brokers should be forced to provide verifiable accurate tick data and nothing less.

Looks like I won't be using backtesting at all about these types of shady situations clearly meant to favor the broker. Can't rely on something that is just " trying to be accurate".

I could imagine someone: "I created an awesome EA, works 100 per cent perfectly on one broker, however, for *some weird reason*, which no one can really pinpoint exactly why accurately most of the time, the EA just doesn't work on another. Probably happens a lot more than we think. Would not be surprised at all, the coder just tweaking around just trying to make it work with the next broker without really knowing for sure what exactly is happening with the other broker. Just a guessing game can't really prove exactly most of the time. Move on suck it up.

Its just "kinda weird" like that. Could be a zillion things.

Backtesting only uses Metaquotes data if I download their historical data, so a normal backtest without DLing historical data like this should just use the broker's data, correct?

Also does this article pertain to MT4 backtesting or only mt5?

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/239

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
The idea of ​​automated trading is appealing by the fact that the trading robot can work non-stop for 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The robot does not get tired, doubtful or scared, it's is totally free from any psychological problems. It is sufficient enough to clearly formalize the trading rules and implement them in the algorithms, and...

MT5 is more advanced related to backtesting (compare with MT4 for example) - 

---------------

Testing trading strategies on real ticks and the explanation is on this post.

---------------

and this is the summary (for MT5 only sorry) - 

All (not yet) about Strategy Tester, Optimization and Cloud

Ill look into it

If you're testing EUR/USD with quotes from 1997 it's even worse - Euro was established 1999 and didn't enter circulation until 2001 or probably 2002.
Reason: