Assuming you have the holy grail of trading system, how do you plan your trades? - page 4

Zee Zhou Ma:

Yup if no one can help me with the question, I just have to work out the mathematical model myself.. but it will take some more months...

k i gg, enjoy the weekends.

You could assume 100% win, and decide how much % of your gain you're ready to "sacrifice" but you won't avoid the loss. No way.

Marco vd Heijden:

I just gave ya'll a holy grail system right here in this thread.

Take my words literally and you will find it.

But you are all blind to it.

It's destiny.

Do you see the irony of this ?

Someone asks about a holy grail system,

And i shove it right under their nose.

And then they answer like,

How would you mathematically model that ?

I got what you mean. It is genetic optimisation and can't be modelled. But let the other traders come up with their own ideas. 

I will like to have 360 degree of world view to determine the most efficient method to maximum lot size calculation.

It could be exhaustive search for solutions, but I don't mind waiting for the sensible answer.

I believe in wisdom of the crowd.

Zee Zhou Ma:

but I don't mind waiting for the sensible answer.

I believe in wisdom of the crowd.

Yes this is the great stuff, simply because if everybody had a holy grail,

There would not be anything to talk about no more right !!

Excellent!

Marco vd Heijden:

Yes this is the great stuff, simply because if everybody had a holy grail,

There would not be anything to talk about no more right !!

Excellent!

The holy grail still needs to be managed carefully. If it bursts, it is not a holy grail.

I think only you and me, are on the same wavelength here. 

It is my honour to know you.

I believe you also mean expect little so that you can retire. You have been talking riddles.. which i am trying to decipher.

Zee Zhou Ma:

Okay I should show hand my demo trading performance. 

What I told you, you loss 6 deals, & all your previous gain (200+).

Accept to lose when it's reasonable. 

The trading system does have provisions for closing out losses. Just that it is not the normal way. Rest assured on that.

Thanks to you who keep reminding me of losses, I have done some research on past data, and thinking hard on risk management over the weekends.

I am still improving the risk management portion as of now.

The only thing that is left hanging for me is this question on the topic... so I am still welcoming for others to reply to this thread.

Thanks! XD

Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
Basic Principles - Trading Operations - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
is an instruction given to a broker to buy or sell a financial instrument. There are two main types of orders: Market and Pending. In addition, there are special Take Profit and Stop Loss levels. is the commercial exchange (buying or selling) of a financial security. Buying is executed at the demand price (Ask), and Sell is performed at the...
Reason: