Indicators: Candle Patterns

Candle Patterns:

Visual and Audio alerts when reversal or continuation candle patterns occur.

Author: Edward Hirsch

This is a very impressive indicator. You have done a fantastic code ! Here is the Candle Patterns expert advisor based on the new direction dertermined by the candle patterns.

funyoo:

This is a very impressive indicator. You have done a fantastic code ! Here is the Candle Patterns expert advisor based on the new direction dertermined by the candle patterns.

in the setup file it calls for Candle Pattern rtd and i have candle patterns rtf, also no arrows show up on the chart can someone help us with this

Debbie, The setup should list "Candle Patterns.rtf", click on the file and WordPad will open it, this file has an introduction to Candle Patterns, in which sub-directories to set up the files, and an explanation of the various input parameters.

As to the arrows not showing up on the chart:

If you are using my indicator "Candle Patterns" obtainable on the mql4.com forum, arrows will show in the top right of the chart current trend and possible next trend only if "MaxBarsToScanForPatterns" has been set to "1" and a pattern has been detected.

If you are using the expert advisor "Candle Patterns expert advisor" of funyoo obainable at a different forum http://www.tradingsystemforex.com/expert-advisors-demo-statements/439-candle-patterns-expert-advisor.html then the arrows will showup on the chart only when conditions allow for a trade. He answers queries promptly.

To make a tests in Strategy tester with a Candle Patterns expert advisor from funyoo you have to copy "Candle Patterns.csv" file into ./tester/files folder

Small hiccups at download (refering to ibfx mini platform): 1/ "cannot find gSpeak.mqh (51.1)" : fix it by physically moving this routine file to ibfx's platform folder..../experts/include; and 2/ at initialisation level it said "cannot find symbols" : fix it by opening ibfx's Navigator../files/Symbols_.csv ; then copy 'standard size' currency pairs of your choice and paste in it as additional pairs to the 'standard' size. At this point, append 'm' to the 'tail' of the pasted pairs, example "USDJPYm, Yen". Click 'FILE' and 'SAVE'. Call up Navigator's "indicators/Candle Patterns.mq4" and compile it. Try it. It is an interesting program worths a good GO at it. Many thanks and a well done, sxTed! Happy New 2009.

Hi helee, thank you and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you, take care, Teddy.

sxTed:

Hi helee, thank you and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you, take care, Teddy.

Hi Teddy,

Thanks for your great indicator. I need to get the name of the pattern as an output of your indicator so that if I use the icustom(Null,0,"Candle Pattern s",...,0,i) I get the name of the pattern. In other words, if the pattern is "Hammer", by using iCusom(...), I need to get "Hammer" as a resul. by having that, I can build my EA based on the Pattern.

Can you please help.

Thanks in advance,

way2Freedom

Hi way2Freedom, the following method does not make use of iCustom(), take care, Teddy.

On the chart set up custom indicator "Candle Patterns" then call up your EA with the following included code:

void start() {
  static datetime tPreviousTime;
  string obj="CP_NAME", sPatternName="";

// ..... code for OrderClose(), OrderDelete() and/or OrderModify()

// code for retrieving pattern name, if present
  if(tPreviousTime == Time[0]) return;
  tPreviousTime=Time[0];
  if(ObjectFind(obj) >= 0) {
    // External Input Parameter "MaxBarsToScanForPatterns" of custom indicator "Candle Patterns" set to "1"
    sPatternName=ObjectDescription(obj);
    if(StringLen(sPatternName)<2) return; // no pattern
  }
  else {
    // External Input Parameter "MaxBarsToScanForPatterns" of custom indicator "Candle Patterns" set to "0"  
    obj="CP_"+Time[1];
    if(ObjectFind(obj) == -1) return; // no pattern
    sPatternName=ObjectDescription(obj);
  }

// ..... code for testing of suitable pattern

// ..... code for OrderSend()
}

Congratulations to sxTed

. The CandlePattern is steady and stable at all times. "Players/traders" have to refine their own choices of 'TrendMA' relative to selected 'Timeframe' for each currency pair charted which is conveniently allowed by the program. By keeping a keen watch on CCI and/or WPR with Volume indication, accuracy in prediction of a direction seems 'rewarding'. Perhaps, sxTed can incorporate one EA to include CCI, WPR & Volume with Buy and Sell orders feature will be really great! Wishing all 'Good Luck', indeed!

i try to attach the indicator, and find many information show as "black candle" or "white candle".. well this is not a candlestick patter, any idea how to exclude this info ? also i found some inappropriate pattern, anybody has the best setting to display a good pattern recognation ?

Reason: