Indicators: Supertrend

Supertrend:

Indicator Supertrend. It displays the buying and selling with the colors.

Author: John Smith

hi this indicator is quite good, just wondering if anyone knows how to put sound and visual alert signals when the indicator change from buy to sell signals? thanks

streamyx:

hi this indicator is quite good, just wondering if anyone knows how to put sound and visual alert signals when the indicator change from buy to sell signals? thanks

Yes this indicator is exactly what I need. I will use it to buy or sell within the trend. Thank you very much scriptor, if I make $ I will want to "buy" this from you :). Streamy, I believe the color alert is the change of the indicator itself. Mix this with Bollinger Bands and look out! Thanks again Scriptor.

Mr.Mc wrote:
streamyx:

Yes this indicator is exactly what I need. I will use it to buy or sell within the trend. Thank you very much scriptor, if I make $ I will want to "buy" this from you :). Streamy, I believe the color alert is the change of the indicator itself. Mix this with Bollinger Bands and look out! Thanks again Scriptor.

I'm sorry, I downloaded some indicators from scriptor also and have given credit too him for this indicator. WRONG! Thank you Jason and the above comments still apply! :)

Mr.Mc wrote:
streamyx:

hi mr mc, i was hoping someone could help to put in the sound alert and visual alert (pop up box) as i am not good in programming. me now using this to trade 5m chart combining with other basic indicators such as stochastics and MACD with steady success. thanks again

Thanks for your indicator. I can feel the impact of it on my 30m eur/usd tf. I feel like dancing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Can you give the mathematical formula of this ?

Hello

Could you give the setting of the EA and how it works, that is, how to know when the signals to buy and sell are generated. Please, what are the best time frames and currencies where it works best.

Many thanks, as I await your reply.

Optime

I’ve a simple question about this Indicator

Is that a ZigZag type e.g. does it modify its past behavior according to new incoming data, also for bars already closed ?

Thanks

Gmack

Hi,

a systematic large-scale analysis of Super-Trend parameter influence and recommendations for the best parameters for all major FOREX pairs are given here:

http://tradingresearch.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/evaluation-of-super-trend-indicator's-parameters-for-all-major-forex-pairs-over-12-years/

The analysis is based on >12 years back testing for each currency pair.

Hope this helps in selecting your best parameters :-)

Can you add "alert" in this indicator?

Reason: