Back tesing doesn't work on MT4 demo account

Hi,

I try to back test my EAs on a MT4 demo account, but it only returns 2 months testing results.

Anyone know what's going on?

How to prepare MT4 for backtesting/trading with some pair

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 History data generation

Sergey Golubev, 2016.05.28 10:58

Hi peperibal:

It is not a fully related to your questions but it is about what I am doing when I want to backtest/check/trade using some pair for example:

1. I open MT4.

2. Open USDJPY H1 chart (if I want to do something with this pair).

3. Go to Tools - History Center, find this pair and double mouse click on every pair's timeframe so

before double-mouse click on every timeframe there:

after:

So, by this action - I downloaded the history for this pair to MT4.

4. Now I want to transfer this history to the chart (to trade, for backtesting, and so on).

So, I change timeframe for USDJPY chart to M1, right mouse click on any space of the chart and choose 'Refresh', and all history is loaded to the chart - and I can see it from the Journal about how many bars were loaded from my MT4 History Center to this chart:

Same with M5 timeframe (Refresh), same with M15 and so on up to MN.

----

After that only I will backtesting/trading or whatsoever anything with this pair (USDJPY in our example).

Just my experience

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, my computer's C drive runs out of disk space after I download those data

:(

Joe Fung:

Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately, my computer's C drive runs out of disk space after I download those data

:(

I loaded those data on the way as I explained on the previous post, and it is no more than 300 Mb disk space for me (but I loaded the data for all the symbols incl Crude Oil and so on ... I think - you will not need all symbols as you will need 3 or 5 for example).

Actually I had clicked on the download button, and I don't know how much data the program had downloaded and where those data was stored.

It seems that MT4 will use up a large amount disk space when the back tester start to run (After pressing the start button)

I have 3GB left but still not enough, I tried to test USD/JPY from 2017/6/5 to 2018/6/5 (only a year's data)

After the back tester start to run, the hard disk soon run out of space - down to 4M only(From 3G to 4M !!)

I don't really know what is going on....

Reason: