Missing data from mid october to early december. - page 3

Justin Orwin: I am doing that...... I thought mt4 was their provider?

No! MetaQuotes provides the Software, not the Data Feed nor the Liquidity.

Brokers use 3rd party Data Feed providers and Liquidity providers. Sometimes they are one and the same and some times they are different entities!

Check with your brokers!

My sincere apologies.

I thought when i downloaded data from the history centre into my charts it came from mt4.

If this is not true I will contact my broker and ask why my data on the chart is missing as it has come from them, and not mt4

How to prepare MT4 for backtesting/trading with some pair

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 History data generation

Sergey Golubev, 2016.05.28 10:58

Hi peperibal:

It is not a fully related to your questions but it is about what I am doing when I want to backtest/check/trade using some pair for example:

1. I open MT4.

2. Open USDJPY H1 chart (if I want to do something with this pair).

3. Go to Tools - History Center, find this pair and double mouse click on every pair's timeframe so

before double-mouse click on every timeframe there:

after:

So, by this action - I downloaded the history for this pair to MT4.

4. Now I want to transfer this history to the chart (to trade, for backtesting, and so on).

So, I change timeframe for USDJPY chart to M1, right mouse click on any space of the chart and choose 'Refresh', and all history is loaded to the chart - and I can see it from the Journal about how many bars were loaded from my MT4 History Center to this chart:

Same with M5 timeframe (Refresh), same with M15 and so on up to MN.

----

After that only I will backtesting/trading or whatsoever anything with this pair (USDJPY in our example).

Just my experience

same problem here and doing what is said above doesn't solve the problem, it just re-download everything but data since 10/20/2018 are still missing.

build 1170

Fernando Carreiro:

No! MetaQuotes provides the Software, not the Data Feed nor the Liquidity.

Brokers use 3rd party Data Feed providers and Liquidity providers. Sometimes they are one and the same and some times they are different entities!

Check with your brokers!

I want to understand ... When we download the data history through MT4 it gives the following message: "You will download data from the historical center "MetaQuotes Software Corp. "...
If you are saying that MetaQuotes is not a provider of historical data then why is the message that MetaQuotes is providing historical data shown?

i have the same problem on Icmarkets, roboforex, and FBS mt4's,
i tried OANDA and that broker dont have that problem, is the only soultion i think
Reason: