EA Runs DIfferently On Multiple Pairs

I created an EA, with no symbol restriction at all, it works well in backtest on any pair

but in demo account when i have it on EURUSD and other pairs, only EURUSD works correctly

it is a grid system that opens buy and sell trades at the same time

when on other pairs it starts well but as sequence goes on it starts missing trades on other pairs but never misses on EURUSD

so i put in a simple code in the OnTimer to increment a variable at every second

int n;
void OnTimer(){
n++;
Comment(n);

EURUSD variable increments at every second, as at now EURUSD variable is past 500 and is shown on chart but the other charts variable remain at 1 and does not change

my n++ is the first line after OnTimer so it should have same results on all charts

i thought it was a problem in the code but it seems like an MT4 bug

am i wrong? is there something am missing?

Nurudeen Amedu:

I created an EA, with no symbol restriction at all, it works well in backtest on any pair

but in demo account when i have it on EURUSD and other pairs, only EURUSD works correctly

it is a grid system that opens buy and sell trades at the same time

when on other pairs it starts well but as sequence goes on it starts missing trades on other pairs but never misses on EURUSD

so i put in a simple code in the OnTimer to increment a variable at every second

EURUSD variable increments at every second, as at now EURUSD variable is past 500 and is shown on chart but the other charts variable remain at 1 and does not change

my n++ is the first line after OnTimer so it should have same results on all charts

i thought it was a problem in the code but it seems like an MT4 bug

am i wrong? is there something am missing?

Likely it does support only one pair at the time, did you implement magic numbers ? It's a good start to manage multiple instance of an ea attached to many charts. OnTimer() sounds to me tricky for these kind of issues.

https://docs.mql4.com/trading/ordermagicnumber

sorry i made a mistake somewhere else in the code that was causing the EA to sleep

thanks