What does the fast MA and the slow MA represents in a MACD

When you tell me that indicators are worthless while i read that Gerald Apple is represented as "professional money manager" 

Capable of acquiring such position will definitely negate any hesitation towards using a technical indicator tool that reflects his success 

What do both MAs mean and translate to a trade of course "other than some calculations or other than if the MACD crosses the zero up or down then .... " ?

The point of the topic is to know why would i put different numbers in the settings in order to get some results that interpret as market going up or going down

If anyone read the book "Understanding the MACD" for Gerald Appel you will find that he made lots of money by looking at the MACD line and finding that it is elevating or degrading 

This if points out to anything then it should point out to how the MACD functions with all its calculations rather than just throw a wild guess from traders by playing around with numbers and trying out settings

What combination of numbers should one put in the settings and why? if you change one of the figures "lets say that fast MA" you will get complete different visualization for each change 

This means nothing if one doesn't know why this change happened on the chart and what does it represent

You can always keep trying until you minimize the false signals and put a nice combination which will give a final good result with of course "proper money management" 

But let us put away the money management in this topic since its useless to discuss something every successful trader should know, it is better to focus on two things:-

1- what does every MA in the MACD represent and the logical outcome behind each change in the figures of the settings

2- what logic should i follow when i want to get a result that eliminates false signals and focuses on making more profit

The reason why i posted this topic in here is because this is a developers website, there for sure will be someone who had the same idea and coded an EA which plays with the settings until he/she found something and might kindly wanna share with the crowd

Thank you all for participation .. only real life experience is appreciated

Most indicators are calculated by MA.

Konstantin Nikitin:
Most indicators are calculated by MA.

Either this is an aimless answer or i won't pay for an EA based on MACD unless i know how the MACD works

But there is a good chance i'd but one if i would

Stevf:

Either this is an aimless answer or i won't pay for an EA based on MACD unless i know how the MACD works

But there is a good chance i'd but one if i would

However, seems you are looking for an EA listed here on the market.
If so, How MACD works would be not profitable ;)
Look at the profits and don't look to how or why ..

Mohammad Soubra:
However, seems you are looking for an EA listed here on the market.
If so, How MACD works would be not profitable ;)
Look at the profits and don't look to how or why ..

Thats a blind, herd mentality way of thinking so i will clearly refuse it!!

Stevf:

Thats a blind, herd mentality way of thinking so i will clearly refuse it!!

Good call! Forget profits, and understand how and why. The profits will follow.

There are various good sources to learn how to use indicators or how they (mathematically) work. This website is paranoid about external linking, google "MACD indicator" and you should find everything you need.

@Stevf
Стефф :

Либо это бесцельный ответ, либо я не буду платить за EA на основе MACD, если я не знаю, как работает MACD

Но есть хороший шанс, если бы я был

No. When I wrote an expert based on the use of MACD. I looked at his code. And so many other experts.

Everything about MACD indicator - the thread

============

Multi pair indicators thread
(Multi pair MACD, Multi pair CoeffOfLine, Multi pair RSi, Multi pair Stochastic, Multi pair WPR (Williams % range), Multi pair Laguerre RSI, Multi pair Wilders DMI, Multi pair dss, and more)

============

MacdPatternTraderAll0.01. Time+Martingale - expert for MetaTrader 4

Reason: