MT4 become extremely slow with plenty of resources on my computer

Hi.

I use MT4 already more than 10 years. Recently I change my stile of trading and start using around 20 windows at the time. My computer start to behave extremely slow. A transfer between M15 and M5 takes around 30 and more seconds. I use Windows 8.1 Professional with 8Gb memory on a 6 cores CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1055T. The task Manager usually shows CPU use not more than 25% and Memory use not higher than 2.5 Gb (30%). In the attached files you can see the Task  Manager with 5 open tabs and with 20 open tabs. The only difference is in the Node № 5 (the last one on the bottom). However in both cases the computer has plenty of resources.  I know that some indicators make problems if they are not well created, but I already check every one of them thoroughly and separately,  and never find a single problem with it. 

I read on the Net some articles saying that MT4 use only one node from my processor because it is a 32 bit software. I could confirm it now. When a financial news hit the market, my MT4 practically stops working at all for couple of minutes. After that it goes slowly back to the normal. I have Internet connection with 50 Mb/s speed and my usual connection status for MT4 is around 35 ms.

So, my question to everyone in this forum is:

Is it possible somehow to activate the rest of my processor's capacity to be able to use the full capacity of my machine? I already try to make Priority of MT4 higher, as to use any possible combination of Affinity for the nodes. On top of that I clean regularly Jurnal's and Expert's archives, and my Max Bars in Chart is set to 5000. My Max bars in history is set to 50 000. Also, I restart regularly MT4 but still there is no positive result. 

I imagine this problem is very common for a lot of users. I try MT5 but unfortunately it doesn't fit my expectations concerning the indicators I use, as to some functionalities. On top of that I am very familiar with MT4 and do not see necesity to learn another platform. However, I have to admit there is no problem with MT5 concerning speed of work. I know MT5 is a 64 bit software, but does it means that we are FORCED to switch to it if we want to continue trading?

Respectfully to anyone reading this

Zack

Files:

Have you tried working with it with less opened windows ?

Are your charts heavily loaded with indicators/experts etc .?

It's probably ineffective code in your experts/indicators, you can try to optimize those (if you have the code, of course). Quickest workaround is to divide your charts into multiple terminal instances running simultaneously.

P.S. in Market Watch hide the symbols you aren't trading.

I have 29 charts open with 1000 bars and six indicators, (one is a "heavy" indicator not my code,) and EA. I use 14% CPU/600MB of my laptop.

Most likely you have one or more indicators that redraw all bars per tick.

Isn't it more effective multiple functions to be combined in a single indicator?

I have the same problem. I am currently running 32 Metatraders on one Machine. 

CPU is 16 Cores

64 GB Ram

Radeon RX6600 8GB

I set affinity of each to one core 

It is working much better and quicker then our other server where we can only run 10 MT4s at the same time. I have optimised MT4s but still the same problem - I wonder if there is any way to speed the switching between MT4s ?

They do work in the background but there is a display problem. I was wondering if this is a graphics card issue but its not, I have graphics cards installed in both server and PC - the same problem. 

Any advise welcomed - CPU is at 50 % all the time.

Szczepan Piekutowski #:

I have the same problem. I am currently running 32 Metatraders on one Machine. 

CPU is 16 Cores

64 GB Ram

Radeon RX6600 8GB

I set affinity of each to one core 

It is working much better and quicker then our other server where we can only run 10 MT4s at the same time. I have optimised MT4s but still the same problem - I wonder if there is any way to speed the switching between MT4s ?

They do work in the background but there is a display problem. I was wondering if this is a graphics card issue but its not, I have graphics cards installed in both server and PC - the same problem. 

Any advise welcomed - CPU is at 50 % all the time.

What OS are you using ? on the one where it works with 32, and the other one with 10 only ?

Szczepan Piekutowski #: I have the same problem. I am currently running 32 Metatraders on one Machine. ... It is working much better and quicker then our other server where we can only run 10 MT4s at the same time. I have optimised MT4s but still the same problem - I wonder if there is any way to speed the switching between MT4s ? They do work in the background but there is a display problem. I was wondering if this is a graphics card issue but its not, I have graphics cards installed in both server and PC - the same problem. Any advise welcomed - CPU is at 50 % all the time.
Consider reading the following post about using a utility called "Process Lasso" ... https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/442763#comment_45355876
PC slowing Down - I'm trying to optimize my EA and MT4 as much as I possible can, but would need a few more?
PC slowing Down - I'm trying to optimize my EA and MT4 as much as I possible can, but would need a few more?
  • www.mql5.com
I have been trying to optimize the slowing down of my ea and mt4 as much as i possible can and have found another way to do it but im not sure if i should or if its smart. Ill post some more info on my findings for now i have no issues i have set my mt4 programs to above normal priority cpu so that it using the cores more efficient for load
Reason: