Inquiry on Historical Data

Good day!

1. I would like to ask how to fill the gaps in historical data.

I have tried various methods. From the classic download via History Center of MT4, to downloading a certain software which downloads data from a certain broker, to getting an EA which supposedly downloads data for me. However, all methods still sometimes contain gaps as I run through the charts. The last 2 methods routinely prompt that some data cannot be gathered, for a myriad of reasons. I could manually fill the gaps through inserting exported data in Excel, then Importing again. But I surmise it is prone to errors.

Is there a way to download, where thru MT4 (maybe I have to change some settings) or thru a software (perhaps you can message me if it is prohibited to mention in the boards) where I can get data. Will repeatedly downloading thru MT4 History Center help?

2. I would like to ask if I already have imported some data, then I downloading thru the History Center, will MT4 (1) overwrite the old data, (2) will it skip those with data already and just fill the gaps, or (3) will it completely scrap the old data and replace it with recently downloaded data?

Once again, thank you for your support.

Look for alternative sources, e.g. goole for "Tick data download mt4"

My suggestion would be TickDownloader and eareview's script.

Carl Schreiber:

Look for alternative sources, e.g. goole for "Tick data download mt4"

My suggestion would be TickDownloader and eareview's script.

Hi!

I've tried googling it, hence I arrived at the downloader other than the suggested one. However, my main concern is whether is the Download option of MT4 capable of filling up the gaps from existing data? Also, do the aforementioned downloaders just fill up the gaps of do they overwrite the entire thing?

Also, will repeated download from MT4 help filling up gaps? or if it found no data that means none can really be found?

Hi!

Would like to ask again if you Download from the MT4 History Center but you have an existing set of data c/o a certain downloader program, will History Center not overwrite the existing data, and just fill it up to update the gaps and other missing data?

Reason: