What is the purpose of this forum ?

As a regular user here, I am sometimes amazed by the cheek of some people. I don't know if it's only me but I am curious to get some opinions. Below is a message I got privately :

Hello Alainut
I was going through your bio. I see you are a computer scientist and professional programmer, right? then why you have no solution or idea related to my questions what I have asked in the forum. For example: xxx
I have asked this question and you have warned me. for not posting such question. If you were a scientist then you would have given some way for my query. But you seems to be bluffing. I do not mean to offend you but this is a fact before me regarding you.
You are moderator and can do anything you want with my account, ban it or do anything. But this is fact that you are a zero for me.
I was looking for people those who can help me. Eventually helping my clients in future. but I won't risking my time searching here for the people. There were millions of project which were in queue and I have to go somewhere else to look for people who can help.
Thanks anyway for your warning and showing me how unprofessional people are there in the forum.

I removed what could identify this person. I also have to precise I warned this person to not create 2,3,4 and up to 5 topics on the SAME subject. In no way I asked him to no post a question.

and ...

I already had mentioned that I do not mean to offend you. But f you truly are a professional then you should have given some hint which will be helpful. I do not want you to write code for me. It is obvious that you need to be paid for your expertise. But in forum I just wanted to have some thing that will help. If the concept is so simple then why the re is no one to guide. The concept is difficult for me. It is always that if something is difficult for someone then it is simple to others. Similarly, there must be something that is difficult or you but is damn simple for me.
I just wanted to get help regarding the issue that I am facing. If you were true scientist as you say then you might have come up with something that would be really helpful to me to get rid of the issue. Well, that was just a test for the people here. As my clients were willing to hire people who has knowledge. But as people started giving out nothing and you started warning me then I got dis hearten.

Well, it was embarrassing to be on the forum.

It's just incredible, not sure on what planet this guy is living. Apparently as I am a professional programmer I have to help people ! Please note I am clearly insulted but I don't have to be offended...loool

Anyway, I posted this for future reference. I (or anyone else participating to this forum) don't have any obligation to answer, to help or whatever. It's a public forum where everyone is free to answer or not. Even when you got an answer, you still have to think if it's correct, useful for you usage. There is no reason to expect any "professional" answer here. If you want a professional work, hire someone.

What ever this forum , less educational for Trading real style 

Very less peoples discussed like Modeling Quality is not a part of EA it belongs to broker tick data or broker history 

What is the purpose of downloading 3rd party tick data when you trading with your broker  

you can not find big traders here mostly newbie who comes with dreams of fastest growth which never happens 

Very less peoples discussed high leverage is just loss and bad thing 

These kind of general discussion which should need to come under discuss widely. 

But 

If someone looking to catch technical education related to EA or Indicators then it will be good forum to learn new.

Only 2 moderators repeatedly answering to 90% questions it seems they doing job for MQL5 , because in real world no one have time to set in front of screen and answer to every question in every hour.

Alain Verleyen:

As a regular user here, I am sometimes amazed by the cheek of some people. I don't know if it's only me by I am curious to get some opinions.

It's not only you, and it's not only on this forum. This person (and several others) need their expectations realigned.

Alain Verleyen:

As a regular user here, I am sometimes amazed by the cheek of some people. I don't know if it's only me by I am curious to get some opinions. Below is a message I got privately :

I removed what could identify this person. I also have to precise I warned this person to not create 2,3,4 and up to 5 topics on the SAME subject. In no way I asked him to no post a question.

and ...

It's just incredible, not sure on what planet this guy is living. Apparently as I am a professional programmer I have to help people ! Please note I am clearly insulted but I don't have to be offended...loool

Anyway, I posted this for future reference. I (or anyone else participating to this forum) don't have any obligation to answer, to help or whatever. It's a public forum where everyone is free to answer or not. Even when you got an answer, you still have to think if it's correct, useful for you usage. There is no reason to expect any "professional" answer here. If you want a professional work, hire someone.

Alain, not sure what this user is talking about or what kind of help he/she is asking for. What you reported is indeed quite incredible.

What I can say is that most people don't quite understand the hard journey to reach some success form and no one can really help to reach this since the success itself cannot assume any deterministic and objective form but it is the results of different perspectives which are adapted on themselves ike a bespoke suit. If you want succeed you need to put your own efforts to make a journey not only in the field you want to explore but most important the journey is in yourself. No free lunch on the earth ;-)

Most people simply want a a sure answer to their problems now and without too much commitment and they feel convenient to delegate the issue to others, but success simply doesn't happens with such attitude.

Alain Verleyen:

I (or anyone else participating to this forum) don't have any obligation to answer, to help or whatever. It's a public forum where everyone is free to answer or not. Even when you got an answer, you still have to think if it's correct, useful for you usage. There is no reason to expect any "professional" answer here. If you want a professional work, hire someone.

I absolutely agree with this.

This forum rarely offer professional advice and Alain is one of them that usually wants and can help. But nobody have an obligation to answer or help.

BTW Am I right if I think that the user wanted to use GPU?

This user was my guess, too.

:-D

Carmine Pinto:

Alain, not sure what this user is talking about or what kind of help he/she is asking for. What you reported is indeed quite incredible.

Doesn't really matter, it was an interesting topic but with a too wide field. He got no answer. So he created 3, 4, 5 similar threads and I asked him to stop it. That's it.

Petr Nosek:

I absolutely agree with this.

This forum rarely offer professional advice and Alain is one of them that usually wants and can help. But nobody have an obligation to answer or help.

;-)

Alain Verleyen:

As a regular user here, I am sometimes amazed by the cheek of some people. I don't know if it's only me but I am curious to get some opinions. Below is a message I got privately :

and ...

First i'll say that i know you just a little bit as a moderator and i see that you are a fair" from my own observation" i also noticed you corrected a couple of fellow moderators before which reassures my opinion 

But asked myself, why didn't you just treat it right on the spot, if you gave a warning that was deserved then nevermind all that 

I can only think that posting it for future references doesn't solve anything since whoever is going to repeat the same mistake will be a different person and will not go through the forum to read this topic and find that he/she shouldn't create 2,3,4 toipcs with the same subject, unless of course if you are planing to pin this one on top

The purpose of this forum to me is to ask for EAs and indicators to test my ideas, then i started looking in the general section and found that i can earn more knowledge by posting different topics not related to coding, later on i found out that the forex trading as a big market of people trying to get what they can from me "teaching about simple things i can read online" doesn't really differ much from "some not all" of the developers here trying to make me buy stuff that i don't need, this gets me frustrated to the point that i might act weird like this guy who sent you this long message but i won't take it too far by sending a message like that cause i know that all i need is to get what i want, if it didn't work that way "by posting a topic" then it should work by searching more or any other more directive means

But all in all im happy because most of my trials to gain knowledge on this website are quiet satisfying and successful, i can only say that the forum gave me such advances that im pleased with, not to mention some contacts too

CrisZind:

First i'll say that i know you just a little bit as a moderator and i see that you are a fair" from my own observation" i also noticed you corrected a couple of fellow moderators before which reassures my opinion 

Thanks.

But asked myself, why didn't you just treat it right on the spot, if you gave a warning that was deserved then nevermind all that 

Not sure I understand what you mean. After the 2nd, and 3th threads created I warned that person to stop, and I removed the additional topics.

I can only think that posting it for future references doesn't solve anything since whoever is going to repeat the same mistake will be a different person and will not go through the forum to read this topic and find that he/she shouldn't create 2,3,4 toipcs with the same subject, unless of course if you are planing to pin this one on top

It's for my own future reference. I know there is no way to get rid of such people who are everywhere. Fortunately there are good and interesting people too.

Alain Verleyen:

and ...

I'm one of them but I give up on asking question here because 95% of members here don't want to answer it. In my last thread I asked if there's a updated tutorial for MQL5 Indicator but still no answer from expert. I searched in MQL forums about "OnCalculate" but I didn't find any useful information on how can I use it. It make me angry when some expert here keep telling you should learn how to code or pay some programmer something like that. In reality the resources you need is not available for free they want you to pay to learn or get what you want.

I suggest to make Python programming language as official language in Metatrader then everything become easy.
Reason: