Making a drop-down menu of Currency Pairs?

To add comments, please log in or register
CamenM
CamenM  

Is there a function, in MT4, that I can use to grab any pair that is listed int eh Market Watch window?  I'm trying to make a combo box and I want to be able to select any pair, in any Brokerage account, and not have to manually insert the symbol.  With _symbol or Symbol(), I have to manually input the pair I want.  I'm making a Dashboard and I just want to do a scrolling/drop-down menu to pick.

Thanks

William Roeder
William Roeder  
I don't help rude, arrogant, or ignorant persons.
          № 234267#comment_7160144
CamenM
CamenM  
whroeder1:
I don't help rude, arrogant, or ignorant persons.
          № 234267#comment_7160144

whroeder1,

I don't want your help.  You are a troll and you're not helpful when people ask for help.  You don't properly read what they are asking and then you attack them.  YOUR help is NOT HELP - it's just you being an internet TROLL.

Petr Nosek
Petr Nosek  
CamenM:

Is there a function, in MT4, that I can use to grab any pair that is listed int eh Market Watch window?  I'm trying to make a combo box and I want to be able to select any pair, in any Brokerage account, and not have to manually insert the symbol.  With _symbol or Symbol(), I have to manually input the pair I want.  I'm making a Dashboard and I just want to do a scrolling/drop-down menu to pick.

Thanks

You can use SymbolTotal()  to find out how many Symbols are in the Market Watch. Then you can read all Symbols by SymbolName() in a loop.

Alain Verleyen
Alain Verleyen  
CamenM:

whroeder1,

I don't want your help.  You are a troll and you're not helpful when people ask for help.  You don't properly read what they are asking and then you attack them.  YOUR help is NOT HELP - it's just you being an internet TROLL.

Please stop that. WHRoeder is one of most helpful coder here. You don't like it, ignore him. Insults are not acceptable.
CamenM
CamenM  
Alain Verleyen:
Please stop that. WHRoeder is one of most helpful coder here. You don't like it, ignore him. Insults are not acceptable.

I posted a while ago asking for help.  What I got from him was nothing but a rude, sarcastic reply that was i no way helpful.  I sent him a "private message" that he decide to post publicly.  I don't want his help -because he's more interested in being condescending than helpful.

To add comments, please log in or register