Same code, same pair, same broker and back test is Variant!

Hello,

The simple code below:

void OnTick()
{
   if(OrdersTotal()>0) return;

if(iRSI(NULL,PERIOD_M1,14,PRICE_CLOSE,0) > 70)
   int x = OrderSend(NULL,    OP_SELL,    0.01,    Bid,     10,   0,    Bid-3*Point*10); //using 5 digits broker
}

it is a very simple code

note that it ONLY accessing the 1 minute chart as the condition of the RSI above (see yellow highlighted)

but while back testing (99.9% quality) it give more variant results when changing the back tester period (time frame)!

how is this going on!!!?

see the video

Mohammad Soubra:

Hello,

The simple code below:

it is a very simple code

note that it ONLY accessing the 1 minute chart as the condition of the RSI above (see yellow highlighted)

but while back testing (99.9% quality) it give more variant results when changing the back tester period!

how is this going on!!!?

see the video

You like to waste people time, I stopped watching your video when I saw you register your posting here.

Alain Verleyen:
You like to waste people time, I stopped watching your video when I saw you register your posting here.

Ok Alain 

Video has been changed

thanks

What could be the answer?

Mohammad Soubra:
Start with checking your Tick data settings: enable "Reproducible slippage" on the "Slippage" tab if it was disabled.

Mohammad Soubra:

I think the last deal is closed with "end of test" likely you're not using a stoploss. 

Mohammad Soubra:

Hello,

The simple code below:

it is a very simple code

but while back testing (99.9% quality) it give more variant results when changing the back tester period (time frame)!

how is this going on!!!?

see the video

This is common, when transferring data across different time frames or different symbols, Make sure that you have the requested historical price data downloaded and available , and also synchronize and update it properly before using them..

trader1429:
Start with checking your Tick data settings: enable "Reproducible slippage" on the "Slippage" tab if it was disabled.
 Slippage is enabled!

Icham Aidibe:

I think the last deal is closed with "end of test" likely you're not using a stoploss. 

As you see, in the video
Yes no SL
But what does it mean
In 1 min chartit is trading (let's say the 1st trade) at a time and when i change the time frame to another it was trading at another time and another day (so it passed that 1min trade)
!
Dont forget that I called the PERIOD_M1 in the code.

Please test it from your side.

Lakshan Perera:

This is common, when transferring data across different time frames or different symbols, Make sure that you have the requested historical price data downloaded and available , and also synchronize and update it properly before using them..

The symbol is same!

And the time frame should be same even if selected another time frame from the back tester because it is calling the RSI using a fixed time frame as "PERIIOD_M1"

In addition, The system that i am using Lakshan is doing these steps automatically

Mohammad Soubra:
As you see, in the video
Yes no SL
But what does it mean
In 1 min chartit is trading (let's say the 1st trade) at a time and when i change the time frame to another it was trading at another time and another day (so it passed that 1min trade)
!
Dont forget that I called the PERIOD_M1 in the code.

Please test it from your side.

I know it works so. But you know ticks generation is different from OHLC of a 15mn and OHLC price of a 1mn chart : indicator calculates its value from these datas - it can explain the difference which relying to your video isn't that huge.

What does it mean ? 

It means it's dangerous, perfectly irresponsible, I know you don't use it because it changes your results radically, but you have to do with !  You SHOULDN'T do without.

By proceeding suavecito and despacito, you can obtain a very alike curve, without danger for the portfolio. 

Reason: