Looking for an EA that can turn off or Pause "AutoTrading" during najor news announcements.

Hey Guys,

I have a reasonably profitable EA that always generate large drawdowns during major news announcements but it doesn't have the capability to pause "autotrading".

Does anybody know of a good EA that can pause Auto Trading during major news announcements and turn it back on again after?

At the moment I'm doing it manually but only whenever I'm can because of work commitments.

I did find a few EA's on MQl5 but the news settings are part of the strategy for those EA's. Not what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Cheers

Noo

Noo Porima:

Hey Guys,

I have a reasonably profitable EA that always generate large drawdowns during major news announcements but it doesn't have the capability to pause "autotrading".

Does anybody know of a good EA that can pause Auto Trading during major news announcements and turn it back on again after?

At the moment I'm doing it manually but only whenever I'm can because of work commitments.

I did find a few EA's on MQl5 but the news settings are part of the strategy for those EA's. Not what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Cheers

Noo

Hello, i’ve sent you a pm!

Kenneth Parling:
Please don't post such message. Either you just send your PM, either you answer publicly. Thanks.

Alain Verleyen:
Please don't post such message. Either you just send your PM, either you answer publicly. Thanks.
Sorry sir, it wont happen again sir! Have a good day sir!

Please share a link or PM me if you find anything. I would be interested in this product as well. 

Kenneth Parling #:

Can you please send us this information here publicly?!

Thanks.

Noo Porima:

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Cheers

Noo

you can program a function to QUERY the MT5 Calendar. This way the EA will know the Events, and you can prevent it from opening new positions on that period.

https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/calendar

Documentation on MQL5: Economic Calendar
Documentation on MQL5: Economic Calendar
  • www.mql5.com
Economic Calendar - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Hi I have the same question, I've no a profitable EA yet, but the idea I'm programming have the same problem I need to pause the EA when the major news activity is on fire, and turn on when that happend, please can I contact by PM or any another way to you can help me if you know the solution? Thanks in advance.

Mauro R. #:
 Hi I have the same question, I've no a profitable EA yet, but the idea I'm programming have the same problem I need to pause the EA when the major news activity is on fire, and turn on when that happend, please can I contact by PM or any another way to you can help me if you know the solution? Thanks in advance.
I have same question before, but then I found that the problem is action effect of news, not when news happend. Some news or storm help me release all the bad existing things, some make worse drawn down. I had only see in the bad things and try to stop it, it did not make better situation, even bypass good chances. So we should focus to solve action of news because that is the job of ea. Price action strategies can be useful for news or storm.
Reason: