Source code for Metatrader 4 or 5

Can anyone tell me whether there is source code available for Metatrader 4 or 5? Is the product open source? Is it possible to get the source code for the MT4 or MT5.

Kindly let me know.

jafferwilson:

Can anyone tell me whether there is source code available for Metatrader 4 or 5? Is the product open source? Is it possible to get the source code for the MT4 or MT5.

Kindly let me know.

I beleive it is not!
Except the built in indicators or sample EAs, they are with source code.
NOT the MT4/5

If you mean the application itself, then no.

jafferwilson:

Kindly let me know.

I do not think it is available.

Because when someone is asking for source code of MT4/MT5, or source code for Windows, or encryption key of Telegram and so on so this person should work in for some relugation governmental institution, and those source codes are asked by the government according to the laws/regulations in the country (simple people do not need it).

Sergey Golubev:

I do not think it is available.

Because when someone is asking for source code of MT4/MT5, or source code for Windows, or encryption key of Telegram and so on so this person should work in for some relugation governmental institution, and those source codes are asked by the government according to the laws/regulations in the country (simple people do not need it).

Or perhaps, the person, is just a developer who would like to see under the hood and make some tweaks or add a functionality... I'm 100% sure that the NSA is capable of decompiling the binaries back to it's original form, or just hack the network and retrieve the whole code...

I think that if a institution doesn't to open the source code of a FREE product, they either don't plan to keep it free much longer, or there are several bugs and security holes they think they can keep hidden... for god sake, even the foundations of apple softwares are open source! (https://opensource.apple.com)

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Predefined Macro Substitutions
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Named Constants / Predefined Macro Substitutions
  • www.mql5.com
//| Expert initialization function                                   | //| Expert deinitialization function                                 | //| Expert tick function                                             | //| test1                                                            |...

Leonardo Ferreira:

Or perhaps, the person, is just a developer who would like to see under the hood and make some tweaks or add a functionality... I'm 100% sure that the NSA is capable of decompiling the binaries back to it's original form, or just hack the network and retrieve the whole code...

I think that if a institution doesn't to open the source code of a FREE product, they either don't plan to keep it free much longer, or there are several bugs and security holes they think they can keep hidden... for god sake, even the foundations of apple softwares are open source! (https://opensource.apple.com)

Metatrader is free for traders, but not for brokers. 
Reason: