First time signal subscriber

I am a first time signal subscriber, but I saw that the signal that I subscribe to is colored in pink.   Does that mean any problem with the signal provider?

volatilitytrade:
I am a first time signal subscriber, but I saw that the signal that I subscribe to is colored in pink.   Does that mean any problem with the signal provider?

it means the signal is no more. try another signal provider

cheers 

Hi,

I neeed to know -

Do I need to have my MT4 up and running for the signal to work ??

In the explanations on here it says it does in order to get trades in real time ??

SO does this mean that it will just be a little slower if I am not logged into my broker thru MT4 ?

Thanks,

J Mack 

7471186:

Hi,

I neeed to know -

Do I need to have my MT4 up and running for the signal to work ??

In the explanations on here it says it does in order to get trades in real time ??

SO does this mean that it will just be a little slower if I am not logged into my broker thru MT4 ?

Thanks,

J Mack 

Hi Jack,

Yes your MT4 has to be running in order to successfully copy trades from your signal provider. The number of trades copied will depend your percentage per deposit that you have allocated and your slippage as well. All signals are real-time so make sure the trading platform is active with internet connection. If you find it hard to get your MT4 running all the time to receive signals, then the best options is to use VPS services.

Follow up on this link.. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/821 

Video tutorial: MetaTrader Signals Service
Video tutorial: MetaTrader Signals Service
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
In just 15 minutes, this video tutorial explains what MetaTrader Signals Service is, and demonstrates in great detail how to subscribe to trade signals and how to become a signal provider in our service. By watching this tutorial, you will be able to subscribe to any trading signal, or publish and promote your own signals in our service.

Roszey:

Hi Jack,

Yes your MT4 has to be running in order to successfully copy trades from your signal provider. The number of trades copied will depend your percentage per deposit that you have allocated and your slippage as well. All signals are real-time so make sure the trading platform is active with internet connection. If you find it hard to get your MT4 running all the time to receive signals, then the best options is to use VPS services.

Follow up on this link.. https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/821 

Thanks for the quick reply.

So what happens to trades opened thru signal - if I lose internet  ??

They never get closed out - or what ?

Also -  will an iPhone app do .......    or must I be logged in through my computer ?

Sorry for the bone basic newbbeee questions

But ...  well  .....    lost enough money under my own doing to be mucking this up !!!

Thanks again

J Mack 

7471186:

If you lose your internet connection, your trades that you copied will still be active. The point in subscribing to a signals means you have given the provider the mandate to manipulate your account with his trades, hence entry and exit method will be solely than by the signal provider. You can also restrict this manipulation by setting quotes on how, what, and when to receive the signal. All can be done on the platform.

For the iPhone App, i am not too sure about it if it may work you can try it and see. But to be a safe side, just allow your trading platform be always on and connected to receive real-time signals.

7471186:

Thank Heeps there Roszey,

i work at sea and so have dodged internet foe 4 weeks at a time .....

last thing I need is to be holding open positions that are losing money and not able to shut them down.

going to leave my PC on the case at home and check into it from offshore.

Curious -  if I hit suspend - on the provider from this site ...    What happens to the positions ?

stay in play or get shut down,

will let you know if the iPhone app is sufficient to hold signal provider , as will be  testing that with the demos I have.

thanks again for your time.

7471186:

Thank Heeps there Roszey,

i work at sea and so have dodged internet foe 4 weeks at a time .....

last thing I need is to be holding open positions that are losing money and not able to shut them down.

going to leave my PC on the case at home and check into it from offshore.

Curious -  if I hit suspend - on the provider from this site ...    What happens to the positions ?

stay in play or get shut down,

will let you know if the iPhone app is sufficient to hold signal provider , as will be  testing that with the demos I have.

thanks again for your time.

ALSO !  At the bottom of the MT 4. - the signals tab always shows a red number (usually 13 or so ) 

are these 13 that are not comparable with my live account - or 13 that have not Ben active for a day - or not recommended ???

cheers

7471186:

ALSO !  At the bottom of the MT 4. - the signals tab always shows a red number (usually 13 or so ) 

are these 13 that are not comparable with my live account - or 13 that have not Ben active for a day - or not recommended ???

cheers

Hi J,

If you hit unsubscribe bottom as you know you will not be receiving trades from the provider but all the trades you have copied earlier will still be in play. So, meaning you have close the positions yourself and bear in mind all positions will be closed automatically if you subscribe to a new signal provider.

Secondly, the red ink numbers means the numbers of providers who are still holding their position for much more longer time and have not closed it to make open any new trades within a period of time. Mostly their positions are in drawndown period. So caution is to be taken

Cheers 

Roszey:

Hi J,

If you hit unsubscribe bottom as you know you will not be receiving trades from the provider but all the trades you have copied earlier will still be in play. So, meaning you have close the positions yourself and bear in mind all positions will be closed automatically if you subscribe to a new signal provider.

Secondly, the red ink numbers means the numbers of providers who are still holding their position for much more longer time and have not closed it to make open any new trades within a period of time. Mostly their positions are in drawndown period. So caution is to be taken

Cheers 

Wow thanks ! 

where am I sposed to find out all this stuff !!

........      The Kb / --   at the bottom rh side ?

( high numbers good ...    or high numbers = struggling to hold connection ??  )

Thanks 

Reason: