In The Back Test, Which Period Could Be Greatest To Buy (Or Sell) A Trading Robot?

• 6% (1)
  • 22% (4)
  • 11% (2)
  • 22% (4)
  • 17% (3)
  • 0% (0)
  • 22% (4)
Total voters: 18

You need a real track record because a backtest is useless for that purpose.

50K a month with low capital (<100 usd) seems to be the hype. So you're asking the wrong question and/or provide the wrong options.

Retrofit a back test report, curve fit the crap out of it using controll points and you will be doing great in the Market.

Marco vd Heijden:
You need a real track record because a backtest is useless for that purpose.

But there are some data providers with simi-real data and with variable spreads (real historical spreads), slippage and latency and more...

Back Tester is a great tool whatever you or any one blame. At least it saves the time and visualize your work.

Enrique Dangeroux:

50K a month with low capital (<100 usd) seems to be the hype. So you're asking the wrong question and/or provide the wrong options.

Retrofit a back test report, curve fit the crap out of it using controll points and you will be doing great in the Market.

What an answer!!!

your EA is only as good as its strategy, dont backtest only forward.

Danier Delmarr:
if I want to back-test 

Which Period Could Be Greatest To Buy (Or Sell) A Trading Robot?

Danier Delmarr:

This why more mistaken signals' followers are fail after few months of publishing a signal.

They only seeing the signal profits each month (let's say 50% 1st month then 30% then 45% ...etc) and ALL the signal age is few months which are not enough (NEVER) and after few more month all singnals' followers will lose all their deposits and cry. Then you will see back feed backs after the 5 stars were placed in the beginning of the signal publishing!!!!

Is back tester good enough to be a proof and deeply comfortable to follow a signal or buying a trading robot? 

I will answer >>> yes sure.

Mohammad Soubra:

What an answer!!!

Well.. maybe it is a language barrier thing.

For back test, it would be "greatest" to use the highest quality data available. Also the more data you have (larger period) would give you more samples to test whatever you want to test. All this is plain logical deduction, which refutes the question in the first place.

What does buying or selling have to do with it? Maybe you need to rephrase what exactly you mean, and what it is you are polling. 

Enrique Dangeroux:

Well.. maybe it is a language barrier thing.

For back test, it would be "greatest" to use the highest quality data available. Also the more data you have (larger period) would give you more samples to test whatever you want to test. All this is plain logical deduction, which refutes the question in the first place.

What does buying or selling have to do with it? Maybe you need to rephrase what exactly you mean, and what it is you are polling. 

OK,

We are not here (in this poll) to chat about the back test it self!

I will try to solve your (and others) issue by hating back tester, Let me change the poll question:

In The Forward Test, Which Period Could Be Greatest To Buy (Or Sell) A Trading Robot?

By the above question, it could be easy to imagine and give an answer.

Mohammad Soubra:

Ok,

I will try to solve your (and others) issue by hating back tester, Let me change the poll question:

In The Forward Test, Which Period Could Be Greatest To Buy (Or Sell) A Trading Robot?

Ok so it is a language thing.

For the record, i love the (MT5) back tester.

I hate to quote myself, but you leave me no option.

Enrique Dangeroux:

Reason: