Running UnitTests in MT5.

Hello All,

I'm in the process of writing a few indicators, i've done a few in MT4 however i'd like to improve the Quality of my code - Writing Alert("value") was on in my first 1 or two but not longer term. I noticed that MT5 has a built it Debugger and UnitTests Scripts/UnitTests I'm assuming I can add my own and then run them. However I can find very little information regarding this. My first question being how can I run the existing UnitTests in MT5? Or prehaps even better somebody could point me in the direction of some General Documentation around unit testing in MT5.

Thanks - James

I can now see that I need to simply run the script as a script in the main terminal and I get an OutPut in the Experts tab. If there is a way to run all of them at once it would be great if somebody would let me know. (Other than making my own script to do that)

There are some frameworks in the codebase/Articles for unit testing. However I realised that unit testing was limited to rather simple units. For testing more complex functional structures there is lack of support from MQL language (e.g. no chance for Mock objects or tampering the chart data for the particular test case). 

Hello All,

I'm in the process of writing a few indicators, i've done a few in MT4 however i'd like to improve the Quality of my code - Writing Alert("value") was on in my first 1 or two but not longer term. I noticed that MT5 has a built it Debugger and UnitTests Scripts/UnitTests I'm assuming I can add my own and then run them. However I can find very little information regarding this. My first question being how can I run the existing UnitTests in MT5? Or prehaps even better somebody could point me in the direction of some General Documentation around unit testing in MT5.
Reason: