Auto Crash - Terminal Automatically Shouts Down (Indicators Overload) - page 2

Alain Verleyen:
Poorly coded or lack of optimization.
It may be ... in the first moment you do not notice that.

Could anyone else please help? I wish i never followed Alain's suggestion. It destroyed everything i had, everything i worked hard for. MT became useless. All settings, all indicators, entire symbols list, everything is gone. Received completely new platform instead of secondary one.

ClaudiaTTT:
Could anyone else please help? I wish i never followed Alain's suggestion. It destroyed everything i had, everything i worked hard for. MT became useless. All settings, all indicators, entire symbols list, everything is gone. Received completely new platform instead of secondary one.
I am sorry!!!!  if you dont have a backup all is gone!! I know this feeling... had one time... after this i have backups.

But maybe that should be so !?
Now you can start completely new... a little wiser maybe?

ClaudiaTTT:

You will say it's my fault soon ? Be serious please. I am sorry about what happened.

It seems you install on the same folder as your first installation. You missed the settings button.

ClaudiaTTT:

How did you install your MT4s?

Did you use MT4's default orders? I use the /portable mode.
I have currently installed 5 MT4 but in my own folder: ...\Mt4\No1\.., ...\Mt4\No2\.., ...\Mt4\No3\.., ... and they are separately from their own folder.

They were started separately an are running 24/7 on my laptop with no problem (all 5 and as long as I don't start tooooo many indicators - Mt4 can't free the memory of an installed indicator).

As I use Schinagl's Link Extension (Win 7 offers junctions for that it's just a simple way for them) so that all 5 terminals access the same and single folders for indicators, experts, ... and even the tester history which can become quite big!

By the way for my backups on an external usb-hd I use (and I am very pleased, GUI, easy to use, no proprietary formate,...) the free Personal Backup 5. I think you definitely need something like that!!

Link Shell Extension
  • schinagl.priv.at
Version 3.9.0.0 Complete support for UNC path in any Smart Move/Copy/Clone & Delorean Operation. Lots of little fixes/improvements, I always wanted to do, but never had the time to. Version 3.8.6.8 Realtive symbolic links on absolute symbolic links to a different drive, were not created properly. Added Greek localization. Thanks to...

Alain, no, its not your fault and I would still like to thank you again (seriously, NO sarcasm i am serious) for taking a time to reply. It is mostly but not entirely my fault because I am the one who didn't think soon enough that it is required to choose destination folder in ''settings'' button (when installing platform) instead of waiting to be asked for it. I got my custom indicators back (they were in remained, existing terminal foldername - the old one fortunately) but unfortunately alphabetical order of symbols list cannot be retrieved. Also all massive quantity of opened charts are gone. Besides I am yet to check if your suggestion, two terminals = solving auto crash because of one feature, is working solution or not. I am not that far yet.

Carl I installed it in Program Files, two different folders. What did you mean with ''mt4 can't free the memory of an installed indicator''? Is it possible to purposely increase the quantity of RAM particular terminal is using?

ClaudiaTTT:

... ''mt4 can't free the memory of an installed indicator''?

I once tried to to optimize a single indicator acc. to some targets without trading just by a loop in a script that evaluates different parameter sets of this indicator.

I realized that for each parameter set this indicator was newly started requiring its memory in the ram and this memory is not freed by the mt4-terminal as long it is running -  so after some time the pc ran out of memory and crashed.

You " ... installed it in Program Files"? What OS are you using? But I think it's a bad idea!

Carl Schreiber:

I once tried to to optimize a single indicator acc. to some targets without trading just by a loop in a script that evaluates different parameter sets of this indicator.

I realized that for each parameter set this indicator was newly started requiring its memory in the ram and this memory is not freed by the mt4-terminal as long it is running -  so after some time the pc ran out of memory and crashed.

You " ... installed it in Program Files"? What OS are you using? But I think it's a bad idea!

both terminals in Program Files yes. OS is Windows 10 64bit. Nothing what I say is bad idea. But i am trying to figure out how to let MT (both terminals) use more RAM, particularly when internet browser is OFF. I could afford many more RAM consumption which is good. However, I don't know how to do this. Not that much in computers, particularly not hardware. I have 32 GB RAM and i believe there is some more space - available slots on motherboard for more RAM if needed more... But two MT terminals running, they are using together around 1 GB RAM. I have several more applications running taking RAM too of course. Ignoring internet browser because i can turn this OFF at any time. So in total i have around 12 to 15% of total RAM being consumed. I believe I could afford up to 2 GB RAM extra so 1 GB RAM per each terminal extra. Therefore each terminal (out of two) would use around 1 GB instead of around 0.5 GB RAM. I don't know how to do this.

Reason: