Data Errors In Backtesting

Hi All,

On back testing an EA that operates on H1 time frame I receive "TestGenerator: unmatched data error (volume limit 11077 at 2018.02.02 10:00 exceeded)" in the journal.

I have tried disconnecting from MT4 + Broker, deleting all history in the data folder and re-downloading it as is advised in all previous forum posts on this site, but I still receive the error message in the journal.

The strange thing is that I can run an other EA perfectly fine, at the same time frame, without any problems.

Any suggestions?

All advice welcome!

1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 EA section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. Your problem is your history. It has nothing to do with either EA. Your H1 history doesn't match the lower timeframes. If you have a source of M1 data, download it, install it, and then run the period convertor to create all other timeframes. If you connect to your broker after that, you will begin to get them again as you will be updating your charts TF but not the others.

3. I just get all available history from my broker and ignore the errors. If you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from your broker.

whroeder1:
  1. Why did you post your MT4 question in the Root / MT5 EA section instead of the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page?)
              General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum
    Next time post in the correct place. The moderators will likely move this thread there soon.

2. Your problem is your history. It has nothing to do with either EA. Your H1 history doesn't match the lower timeframes. If you have a source of M1 data, download it, install it, and then run the period convertor to create all other timeframes. If you connect to your broker after that, you will begin to get them again as you will be updating your charts TF but not the others.

3. I just get all available history from my broker and ignore the errors. If you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from your broker.

Hi whroeder1,

Thank you for the reply and my apologies, I now know for next time.

I've followed your advice and the method in the linked post word for word and I still have the same problem.

Can you suggest anything else I am able to do? 

Reason: