Discussion of article "Automatic Selection of Promising Signals"

New article Automatic Selection of Promising Signals has been published:

The article is devoted to the analysis of trading signals for the MetaTrader 5 platform, which enable the automated execution of trading operations on subscribers' accounts. Also, in this article we consider the development of tools, which help search for potentially promising trading signals straight from the terminal.

We will visually divide the above rating system into three categories (fig. 2).

• First category. Red zone. Signals from this zone may have high profitability, but involve high risk.
  • Second category. Yellow zone. These signals show good profitability with a moderate risk.
  • Third category. Green zone. These signals are considered to be potentially promising, because they show higher reliability, although profitability may not be high.

Fig 2. Categories of the grading scale for the rating of trading signals

Author: Alexander Fedosov

Hello, I'm having problems implementing this program:

In MenuItem.mqh the line before the return seems incorrect.

//--- Leave, if the set type does not match
      if(m_type_menu_item!=MI_SIMPLE && m_type_menu_item!=MI_HAS_CONTEXT_MENU)
        {
         ::Print(__FUNCTION__," > The type of the independent menu item can be only MI_SIMPLE or MI_HAS_CONTEXT_MENU, ",
                 "that is only with a context menu.\n",
                 __FUNCTION__," > The menu item type can be set using the CMenuItem::TypeMenuItem()") method;
         return(false);
        }
     }

Also in Element.mqh I get "Class CWindow is undefined."  Sorry, not sure I can fix this on my own.

Hello, I get error when try this EA. Is there any newest version?

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/3398

Automatic Selection of Promising Signals
Automatic Selection of Promising Signals
  • www.mql5.com
Automated trading in financial markets is the ultimate goal of the development of new trading robots, because the market is constantly changing. However, automated trading Expert Advisors cannot be prepared for all situations in the market. Therefore, the most effective way is still the symbiosis of a trading robot and the human control over...

Does this expert only evaluate the MT5 signals?

How about MT4? Can we have the MT4 version?

Reason: