Download MetaTrader 5

Which EA Builder Tool Is Best?

To add comments, please log in or register
Marius Lombaard
Marius Lombaard  

Hi,

I've stumbled upon EA Builder (www.eabuilder.com) and FxDreema (https://fxdreema.com). I suspect there are even more EA building tools out there.

Which is best? Give your view here of which EA builder you prefer and why.

I'll start - Between the two I checked out, I preferred EA Builder for its simplicity. However, I had to omit 2 features/conditions for the EA I tried to build recently - Daylight Savings, and a particular implementation of a stop loss.

FxDreema looked like it may be able to handle the conditions/features I wanted to implement, but it was too complex for me.

Regards,

Marius

Andreas Bauer
Andreas Bauer  

THis is a good thread, I have the same question. Only viewed ea-builder, which seems to me also quite simple and therefore favorable.

Isn't there a comparison on the web somewhere?!

Fernando Carreiro
Fernando Carreiro  

Marius Lombaard: I've stumbled upon EA Builder and FxDreema. I suspect there are even more EA building tools out there. Which is best? Give your view here of which EA builder you prefer and why.

I'll start - Between the two I checked out, I preferred EA Builder for its simplicity. However, I had to omit 2 features/conditions for the EA I tried to build recently - Daylight Savings, and a particular implementation of a stop loss.

FxDreema looked like it may be able to handle the conditions/features I wanted to implement, but it was too complex for me.

My personal opinion is "none", and the reason is simple! You will always end up needing to tweak the final code to do something specific which it is unable to do, and when that inevitable happens, you will have no alternative but to resort to coding it yourself or hiring someone to do it for you.

Besides, EA Builder generates old, obsolete code, riddled with bugs. You will also find many threads here of users requesting help to fix their generated code (especially EA Builder but also for FXDreema), which is promptly denied, because fixing the generated code would require re-coding the entire thing from scratch.

So, take my advice and learn to code MQL yourself and don't rely on code generators.

whroeder1
whroeder1  
EA builder, fxDreema, EATree, FxPro Quant, MQL5 Wizard, etc. are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.
  • Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
    If we tell you what you need, you can't code it.
    If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.
    We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

• EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
    EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (max bars on chart) volume is unreliable (miss ticks) Always use time. New candle - MQL4 forum
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.
    EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for ECN brokers. (pre-Build 500)
    EA builder makes bad code, not checking return codes.
    EATree uses objects on chart to save values - not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)
nicholishen
nicholishen  

I think fxdreema is pretty clever, and if I were going to use a builder it'd be that one. 

To add comments, please log in or register