Expert advisor over trading

Hey guys Im having trouble with my ea. It keeps on making excessive trades... my ea works by putting in a pending buy and stop when x amount of ticks pass by. The ea will open another buy stop and sell stop one x amount of ticks have passed by even if there is other orders pending already.. that isn' the issue but once x amount of ticks pass by the pending orders are opened and then on the next tick it start opening pending orders like crazy not according x amount of ticks...

Reaper101: Hey guys Im having trouble with my ea. It keeps on making excessive trades... my ea works by putting in a pending buy and stop when x amount of ticks pass by. The ea will open another buy stop and sell stop one x amount of ticks have passed by even if there is other orders pending already.. that isn' the issue but once x amount of ticks pass by the pending orders are opened and then on the next tick it start opening pending orders like crazy not according x amount of ticks...
Is it your EA or do you have the source code for it (.mq4/.mq5)?
  • If no, then you will have to contact the author.
  • If yes, then you will have to show the code if you want help.

We can only offer guidance and sample corrections. It will then be up to you to implement it in the code.

If you are unable to code, then you will have to use the Freelance section instead.

PS! If your code was made by an "EA Builder" or "Code Generator", then we will not be able to help you because those things are filled with bugs and bad practices. If that is the case then you will have to learn MQL and rewrite it from scratch yourself or hire someone to code an EA for you.

that's because you need to put a flag on ordersend function, because every new tick it'll place another order

Fernando Carreiro:
Is it your EA or do you have the source code for it (.mq4/.mq5)?
  • If no, then you will have to contact the author.
  • If yes, then you will have to show the code if you want help.

We can only offer guidance and sample corrections. It will then be up to you to implement it in the code.

If you are unable to code, then you will have to use the Freelance section instead.

PS! If your code was made by an "EA Builder" or "Code Generator", then we will not be able to help you because those things are filled with bugs and bad practices. If that is the case then you will have to learn MQL and rewrite it from scratch yourself or hire someone to code an EA for you.

Thanks for the reply it's an mql4 ea that I wrote myself. And i would attach the code if I had my computer with me at the moment.. sorry for the lack of info 

mrluck1:

that's because you need to put a flag on ordersend function, because every new tick it'll place another order

Thanks for the reply. Are you talking about something like 
 int Trade(int Trad_Oper)

Reason: