I face the error --not enough history

hello,

My EA have problem with a history, --not enough history..

I understand that it should be the  bar history, but i cannot check how many bar in the history files. Do some one can advise this?

chaiya

It depends on which Metatrader you are talking about. In case of MT5 - the history is loaded automatically, besides, you can load it on the way as the following:
Market Watch - right mouse click for 'Symbols' - 'Bars' or 'Ticks' - Request ...

In MT4 - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT4 History data generation

Sergey Golubev, 2016.05.28 10:58

Hi peperibal:

It is not a fully related to your questions but it is about what I am doing when I want to backtest/check/trade using some pair for example:

1. I open MT4.

2. Open USDJPY H1 chart (if I want to do something with this pair).

3. Go to Tools - History Center, find this pair and double mouse click on every pair's timeframe so

before double-mouse click on every timeframe there:

after:

So, by this action - I downloaded the history for this pair to MT4.

4. Now I want to transfer this history to the chart (to trade, for backtesting, and so on).

So, I change timeframe for USDJPY chart to M1, right mouse click on any space of the chart and choose 'Refresh', and all history is loaded to the chart - and I can see it from the Journal about how many bars were loaded from my MT4 History Center to this chart:

Same with M5 timeframe (Refresh), same with M15 and so on up to MN.

----

After that only I will backtesting/trading or whatsoever anything with this pair (USDJPY in our example).

Just my experience

It also depends on the broker (on the broker's quotes).
And it may be something with coding ... means - how many bars in the history are checked by your EA ...

Reason: