AM I RIGHT? IS IT A SUNDAY TRADE (BACK TEST 99.9%) ? - page 4

Fernando Carreiro:

You did not answer the questions properly - I did not ask which Broker; I asked which Time-zone and what DST! If you don't know that and if you did not configure TickStory accordingly, how do you expect the data to sync up properly?

It also seems that you did not even produce the necessary configuration files either. The root of the problem seems obvious - you don't know how to use TickStory properly.

Since discussing its functionality and settings are completely off-topic for this site, I suggest you read the TickStory documentation and visit their own forum on their website to learn to properly configure it and use it to produce the required data files.

And if you need further expert guidance, then follow your own advice and place a Freelance Job request!

for your knowledge my used broker in the back test using NEW YORK servers

so, what we will do in the freelance ???!!

Mohammad Soubra:

for your knowledge my used broker in the back test using NEW YORK servers

so, what we will do in the freelance ???!!

Just because they use New York servers does not define the Time-Zone or DST used. You have to look-up that information or contact their Support service to get the exact details so that you can properly set-up TickStory.

As for Freelance, you can open a job request for an an experienced user to teach you or guide you on how to properly configure and use TickStory and how to properly produce the FXT and HST files.

Fernando Carreiro:

Just because they use New York servers does not define the Time-Zone or DST used. You have to look-up that information or contact their Support service to get the exact details so that you can properly set-up TickStory.

As for Freelance, you can open a job request for an an experienced user to teach you or guide you on how to properly configure and use TickStory and how to properly produce the FXT and HST files.

I will open a job for you for 100$ AND if still trading in Sundays (back tester) then i will complain to the arbiter 

Mohammad Soubra: I will open a job for you for 100$ AND if still trading in Sundays (back tester) then i will complain to the arbiter 

I am not trying to get a freelance job from you - I'm not interested in that.

I just suggested it because you respond that way very frequently on many other threads, so was advocating that you follow your own advice!

EDIT: Even if I were interested, my rates are MUCH higher than that!

Fernando Carreiro:

200$?

200.000$

Mohammad Soubra: 200$?

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

AM I RIGHT? IS IT A SUNDAY TRADE (BACK TEST 99.9%) ?

Fernando Carreiro, 2017.12.30 17:13

I am not trying to get a freelance job from you - I'm not interested in that.

I just suggested it because you respond that way very frequently on many other threads, so was advocating that you follow your own advice!

However, Fernando is great
Thanks for your valued answers
Thanks for sharing such experience

The purpose of backtest:

1. To study market in the past of the effectiveness of certain strategy

2. To fill up some time while waiting in the interval between two signals

3. To take advantage of the enormous amount of market data provided by MetaTrader

46du114t1f:

The purpose of backtest:

1. To study market in the past of the effectiveness of certain strategy

2. To fill up some time while waiting in the interval between two signals

3. To take advantage of the enormous amount of market data provided by MetaTrader

Thank you 
Reason: