Drawing with mouse button

Hi everyone, apologize for propably bad english.

Can anyone give me advise, where should I read about the interaction between chart and mouse.

Heres exactly what I need,for example: some kind of button on the chart. So when I click it, it's becomes possible to put 4 "dots" with mouse click, and after that these 4 dots are connecting together in to quadrangle.

Also, the coordinates (Time, Price) of the dots are used in some calculations, so I need them...Any suggestions?

Thx anyway

1. Look at my GUI. It tracks the mouse and places the line there when b or s is pressed.
              Indicators: 'Money Manager Graphic Tool' indicator by 'takycard' Forum - Page 5

2. Perhaps you should read the manual. What part of "CHARTEVENT_CLICK" is unclear?
              EventChartCustom - Working with Events - MQL4 Reference

3. Why don't you just draw a rectangle?

RomanRott:

Hi everyone, apologize for propably bad english.

Can anyone give me advise, where should I read about the interaction between chart and mouse.

Heres exactly what I need,for example: some kind of button on the chart. So when I click it, it's becomes possible to put 4 "dots" with mouse click, and after that these 4 dots are connecting together in to quadrangle.

Also, the coordinates (Time, Price) of the dots are used in some calculations, so I need them...Any suggestions?

Thx anyway

...seemed like a fun little warm up exercise. 

Files:

nicholishen:

Neat indicator!

I tried to draw a face.

Files:
face.png  16 kb

Anthony Garot:

Neat indicator!

I tried to draw a face.

Haha, nice! 

whroeder1:
  1. ...
  2. ...
  3. Why don't you just draw a rectangle?
Because he wants a quadrangle or quadrilateral maybe ?

nicholishen:

That's close to what I need, but I didnt understand anything in code =(

RomanRott:

That's close to what I need, but I didnt understand anything in code =(

Sorry :(

Recently, this topic has been on the Russian-speaking forum.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/221877/page4#comment_6172615

Рисовать кривую на графике
Рисовать кривую на графике
  • www.mql5.com
На графике можно рисовать только прямую линию. С помощью какого индикатора можно нарисовать кривую...

RomanRott: That's close to what I need, but I didnt understand anything in code =(
You have only four choices: We're not going to code it for you (although it could happen if you are lucky or the problem is interesting.) We are willing to help you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem.
          No free help
          urgent help.
Reason: