Discussion of article "DiNapoli levels trading"

New article DiNapoli levels trading has been published:

The article considers one of the variants for Expert Advisor practical realization to trade DiNapoli levels using MQL5 standard tools. Its performance is tested and conclusions are made.

Initial points of the strategy - Fibonacci levels are 38.2% and 61.8%. For take profit points the following are accepted: COP (Contracted Objective Point) — 61.8%, OP (Objective Point) — 100%,  XOP (Expanded Objective Point) — 161.8%. All the distances are specified in per cents from trend length (see fig. 1)

Fig. 1. “DiNapoli levels” on currency pair EURUSD H4

Fig. 1. DiNapoli levels on currency pair EURUSD H4

Author: Dmitriy Zabudskiy

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

New article DiNapoli levels trading has been published:

Author: Dmitriy Zabudskiy

Good day My Dmitriy Zabudskiy, could this EA be also available for MT4?

Chris K Lazarius Mukengeshayi:

Hi!

I only write on MT5.

Maybe from freelance, someone will rewrite it.

Dmitriy Zabudskiy:

Hi!

I only write on MT5.

Maybe from freelance, someone will rewrite it.

Alright thanks, Do you have the ability to write is in MT4, if I post a job for you on freelancer since your are the author your will understand much better your own code of the MT5 product

Chris Mukengeshayi:

Alright thanks, Do you have the ability to write is in MT4, if I post a job for you on freelancer since your are the author your will understand much better your own code of the MT5 product

Unfortunately no. Now there is no time.

Thank you, very informative!

With this tool you can use the Dinapoli_v1.01.mq5 in the MT4.

https://www.mql5.com/en/code/16006

Hey guys. Here is my coded MT4 version of Dmitriy Zabudski's  Dinapoli EA described in MT5 code made available for all to play around with, coded by ufranco (Francis Dube: mql5.com/en/users/ufranco here on MQL. 

Use the same parameters as Dmitriy's.  If you find something not right about if fitting with Dinapoli, then please try to correct it. hopefully, it fits exactly like the Dinapoli way.  I have some good backtest results with EURUSD.  you can try to adjust it (aka "Optimize" it) or use the sae parameters as Dmitriy.

Hello,

I'm having trouble normalizing the "SL" and "TP", below I leave an image with the error "invalid stops", I know this problem is happening due to the rounding of the last digit that for the market index has to be end "0" or "5" so that "SL" and "TP" are correctly positioned without error.

I know I have the possibility to use "NormalizePrice" or "NormalizeDouble", but I could not apply this in code!

Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Files:

dear dimitry

how can I set up xauusd setup files into the adviser? does EA need any indicators except as ones which is inside MT5?

thanks for you attention and reply

Amir

my results in same period of time are different from yours. please see attachment

varshavian2:

dear dimitry

how can I set up xauusd setup files into the adviser? does EA need any indicators except as ones which is inside MT5?

thanks for you attention and reply

Amir

Hi

In the article, You can see: "Symbol: XAUUSD Parameters:"...

All the indicators used in the Expert Advisor are standard and are included in the standard MT5 kit.

Reason: