Download MetaTrader 5

Invalid account while reconnecting

To add comments, please log in or register
Gianmarco Vespia
Gianmarco Vespia  

I have a VPS with Windows server 2008, metatrader5 and an EA running in my real account. Sometimes, it happens I found in the journal some reconnection event, not bad.

The issue is this. Once or twice per week, while reconnecting it receives the error invalid account:

2017.12.16 20:23:31.970 Network '5013914': authorization on ICMarkets-MT5 failed (Invalid account)

Then i double click my account in the navigator window and click ok with the saved password and it logs on without any issue.

So why do I receive invalid account if everything was fine? I have raised several tickets to my broker, they say they have no issues on their side. This is very annoing, because my EA stops, of course, and I loose a lot of trades during the night, until I recognize this bad event has happened.

whroeder1
whroeder1  
Only time I see that is when having to enter the password, after terminal shutdown. Never on a reconnection. Perhaps a VPS reboot?
Gianmarco Vespia
Gianmarco Vespia  
whroeder1:
Only time I see that is when having to enter the password, after terminal shutdown. Never on a reconnection. Perhaps a VPS reboot?
No, there was no reboot, I have checked as well. 
I don't know if there is anything else I can check or I need to push my broker to investigate deeper. 
Sergei Krupich
Sergei Krupich  
Gianmarco Vespia:

I have a VPS with Windows server 2008, metatrader5 and an EA running in my real account. Sometimes, it happens I found in the journal some reconnection event, not bad.

The issue is this. Once or twice per week, while reconnecting it receives the error invalid account:

2017.12.16 20:23:31.970 Network '5013914': authorization on ICMarkets-MT5 failed (Invalid account)

Then i double click my account in the navigator window and click ok with the saved password and it logs on without any issue.

So why do I receive invalid account if everything was fine? I have raised several tickets to my broker, they say they have no issues on their side. This is very annoing, because my EA stops, of course, and I loose a lot of trades during the night, until I recognize this bad event has happened.

I'm having the exact same issue. Has this been resolved?

Gianmarco Vespia
Gianmarco Vespia  
Sergei Krupich:

I'm having the exact same issue. Has this been resolved?

No, I am still reconnecting manually every week. Which broker do yo have?

Sergei Krupich
Sergei Krupich  
Gianmarco Vespia:

No, I am still reconnecting manually every week. Which broker do yo have?

I’ll raise a ticket with my broker and see what they say. These authorization failures happen totally at random. I’ve already had two in a span of 3 hours. Had the same issue couple of months ago, but it got resolved on its own. I will provide an update here.
ionone
ionone  
bad VPS ? i've never seen that
To add comments, please log in or register