Manipulation of closed win/loss trade values. Is this possible?

Hello World,

I am wondering if there is any way to manipulate the system/code that would facilitate the substitution closed trade win/loss values? I have read in the MT5 documentation that the MQL5 source code is open source, followed by express consent to add to, modify and delete freely. Another boasted statement is that MQL5 is a fully functioning language that facilitates the ability to substitute, change, delete and modify the functionality of the source code at all levels and points of execution. Refer to the information below.

"The programming purpose is to ease a trader's life and also to expand the facilities of the client terminal. The following aims can be achieved using the programs:

• The automation of different processes connected with trading and analysis to a degree that a developer requires;
  • The reduction of the emotional impact up to its full elimination when trading;
  • The expansion of the terminal features. The client terminal obviously meets more than 80% of traders' needs. The possibility of programming in the MQL4/MQL5 language is directed to cover such demands almost completely.

To develop the programs that can be further run on the client terminal one should know a lot of information:

• MQL4/MQL5
    MQL4/MQL5 is a high level language similar to C++ in its syntax. There is the reference book about that language built in the MetaEditor that allows to quickly find the necessary information about a certain function. The instructions of how to work with it are give in the corresponding section."

"Different tools, from the auto substitution of names and tips of functions to bookmarks and hotkeys, are implemented in MetaEditor for the convenient development of programs. These means allow to quicken up the process of the source code writing, conveniently navigate through it and avoid mistakes.

The following functions are described in this section:

Thanks for you help.

Built-In MQL4/MQL5 Help - MetaEditor Help
Built-In MQL4/MQL5 Help - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
MetaEditor has the built in reference book about the MetaQuotes Language 4 and 5 (MQL4 and MQL5) that contains the full description of all its elements and constructions. In order to use the context help one should put the mouse cursor within the necessary element in the window of the source code editing and press the "F1" key. As soon as it...

Dale Forsyth: I am wondering if there is any way to manipulate the system/code that would facilitate the substitution closed trade win/loss values? I have read in the MT5 documentation that the MQL5 source code is open source, followed by express consent to add to, modify and delete freely. Another boasted statement is that MQL5 is a fully functioning language that facilitates the ability to substitute, change, delete and modify the functionality of the source code at all levels and points of execution. Refer to the information below.

Your primary question remains unclear! Quoting online documentation references offers no insight into want your objective could be. Please elaborate on the question itself instead and what it is you want to achieve.

Just to be clear, MetaTrader and the MQL implementation is NOT open source, but MetaQuotes does provide source code for some examples and OOP libraries.

What is open source are the community driven publications of Indicators, Expert Advisors (or robots) and other support Scripts, known as the CodeBase.

well if i have made a trade, and that trade ends up being a non profitable or losing trade, i am of the opinion that it would be possible to execute a script that would reverse the original trade position from a Buy to a Sell or from a Sell to a Buy position which would then effectively turn a losing trade into a winning trade. Anything is possible when it comes to programming so I am of the opinion that this is without a doubt, possible to achieve.

Dale Forsyth:
well if i have made a trade, and that trade ends up being a non profitable or losing trade, i am of the opinion that it would be possible to execute a script that would reverse the original trade position from a Buy to a Sell or from a Sell to a Buy position which would then effectively turn a losing trade into a winning trade. Anything is possible when it comes to programming so I am of the opinion that this is without a doubt, possible to achieve.

Ie: you are hoping to hack brokers data :) Good luck with it ...

Dale Forsyth:

It's not possible. Not for technical reasons (though it's impossible from terminal side) but for obvious legal and logical reasons.

You could manipulate your local terminal as much as you like, and turn everything upside down, however it does not change anything on the broker server. So, no! A losing trade would still mean a losing trade.

It becomes a whole different story when the broker (or an employee of the broker) manipulates the statistics, it is definitely possible!

Mladen Rakic:

Ie: you are hoping to hack brokers data :) Good luck with it ...

Thank you for the positive response. :) The few words that you have written in your response carry a lot of meaning. I will elaborate on the word "hack" slightly and use the term "life-hack"https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_hack. I am a positive and dynamic individual, so i will state that there is nothing sinister, deceptive, or corrupt that is attached to my intentions. I merely am just walking my path along my journey, that takes me to where i am going. Along the way I help, i love, i smile, i share, i learn, all of which only reinforces my clear understanding of the bigger picture. I thank everyone and everything for being part of evolution. I would hope that everyone chooses to enjoy their journey.

Luck is a luxury that I have not had the privilege of enjoying. The logic processor of my mind substitute the word 'luck' for the word 'chance'. If I was to passively wait for luck then this oxidizing and continually decaying fleshy meat bag(body) that I am in would be fertilizer before luck ever turned up. If I substitute the word luck for chance then the universal quantum equation finds a state of dynamic equilibrium. I can actively take a chance instead of waiting for luck, though fundamentally it is difficult to distinguish the two words.

I am sending good energy your way @Mladen Rakic. This is your journey. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves. 

Enrique Dangeroux:

You could manipulate your local terminal as much as you like, and turn everything upside down, however it does not change anything on the broker server. So, no! A losing trade would still mean a losing trade.

It becomes a whole different story when the broker (or an employee of the broker) manipulates the statistics, it is definitely possible!

Anything and everything is possible. It may be difficult to achieve or the chances of success on each attempt may be very slim, though it is still possible. Our mind can think it which makes it possible. It is possible to change a losing trade to a winning trade and the methods of achieving it are more abundant and available than you may think. Our minds are able to do amazing things. Human beings are primitive creatures. Our minds are different to our bodies. Our mind is not limited by this primitive creature.

If you want to dispute the possibility of what I know is possible, then you would want to read the manual https://www.mql5.com/files/pdf/mql5.pdf and be certain wouldn't you?

Anyways, enjoy the journey, whichever path you take on the way to where you want to be.

Have fun.

Reason: