How to transfer historical data from mt5 to mt4

I'm working with a broker that doesn't support mt4 but i want to work with mt4, and it only has mt5. How can i transfer data from metatrader 5 to mt4. 

I have not tested it and therefore I do not know if it works correctly, but here is a script that saves MT5's historical data in MT4 (hst) format. It is assumed that you only have to copy those hst files to your MT4 platform.

Regards.

Save history to HST
Save history to HST
  • votes: 30
  • Andrey Voytenko
  • www.mql5.com
This script allows to create a binary *.hst file, supported by MetaTrader 4. This file can be imported in MetaTrader 4 as historical data or you can open it as offline chart. It has only one DATA_COUNT input parameter, which specifies data count in bars, starting from current. Initially, this script was designed for checking of the indicators...

Huido: I'm working with a broker that doesn't support mt4 but i want to work with mt4, and it only has mt5. How can i transfer data from metatrader 5 to mt4. 

Yes, the data can be transferred, but the question is - for what use?

You will not be able to trade live on your MT4 with that data. All you you can do with it, is run back-tests.

If your broker only supports MT5, you will still need to use MT5 for your trade operations. Alternatively, change brokers.

Fernando Carreiro:

Yes, the data can be transferred, but the question is - for what use?

You will not be able to trade live on your MT4 with that data. All you you can do with it, is run back-tests.

If your broker only supports MT5, you will still need to use MT5 for your trade operations. Alternatively, change brokers.

Your kinda right but most of thr indicators i want to use, only has mt4 version and i can send push notification to trade using mobile phone on Android. So i need to run mt4.  Do you know other solutions too? 

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:

I have not tested it and therefore I do not know if it works correctly, but here is a script that saves MT5's historical data in MT4 (hst) format. It is assumed that you only have to copy those hst files to your MT4 platform.

Regards.

Thank you so much for intruding this script. Does this script loads new bars too or every time it should be saced as hst file to have new bars? 

Huido: Your kinda right but most of thr indicators i want to use, only has mt4 version and i can send push notification to trade using mobile phone on Android. So i need to run mt4.  Do you know other solutions too? 

You are complicating things without need and creating too many possible points of failure. The best and most obvious solution, is to simply use another broker that offers MT4 (there are many)!

Huido: Thank you so much for intruding this script. Does this script loads new bars too or every time it should be saced as hst file to have new bars? 

No, it does not, nor can it send live tick data! What you are trying to accomplish is not practical with the current tools freely available and requires a custom solution to be developed for you.

Don't complicate things! Either have the MT4 indicators and EA's converted to MT5 or just open up an account on another broker that offers MT4.

Fernando Carreiro:

No, it does not, nor can it send live tick data! What you are trying to accomplish is not practical with the current tools freely available and requires a custom solution to be developed for you.

Don't complicate things! Either have the MT4 indicators and EA's converted to MT5 or just open up an account on another broker that offers MT4.

That's a possible solution but i need mt4 for a local stock broker not a forex one and it there are only some of brokers and all of them only support mt5! 

Huido: That's a possible solution but i need mt4 for a local stock broker not a forex one and it there are only some of brokers and all of them only support mt5! 

Then convert your Indicators and EA's to MT5! Since a certain amount of custom coding is required to develop a special solution for you to link MT5 and MT4, you might as well convert the Indicators and/or EAs into MQL5 instead.

EDIT: In fact, chances are, that most of the Indicators you use are already available for MT5 anyway, so list them, and we will help you find them for MT5.

Fernando Carreiro:

Then convert your Indicators and EA's to MT5! Since a certain amount of custom coding is required to develop a special solution for you to link MT5 and MT4, you might as well convert the Indicators and/or EAs into MQL5 instead.

EDIT: In fact, chances are, that most of the Indicators you use are already available for MT5 anyway, so list them, and we will help you find them for MT5.

Thanks alot. I need a free live renko chart builder for mt5 to makr bars based on both atr and fixed value and i couldn't find it. If you could help me to find it , that would be nice. 

Huido: Thanks alot. I need a free renko chart builder for mt5 and i couldn't find it. If you could help me to find it , that would be nice. 

There are already several Renko solutions available for MT5 in the CodeBase and Market! Are there some specific reasons why they are not suitable?

Reason: