How to transfer historical data from mt5 to mt4 - page 2

Fernando Carreiro:

There are already several Renko solutions available for MT5 in the CodeBase and Market! Are there some specific reasons why they are not suitable?

I only found one free one which is here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1299 but I'm looking for some others to choose the best as this one is slow and i also want to have wicks on bars. 

Renko
Renko
  • Serhii Ivanenko
  • www.mql5.com
The renko charts outwardly resemble three-linear breakthrough charts, but in case of the renko all boxes are of the same size. During drawing the indicator, only those movements which value is more or equal to a set threshold are considered. The renko is good to use in markets with a significant trend movements as far as a trader gets lion's...

Huido: I only found one free one which is here https://www.mql5.com/en/code/1299 but I'm looking for some others to choose the best as this one is slow and i also want to have wicks on bars. 

OK! I will be a "nice guy" today and develop one for you based on your needs (for free). Just send me a PM with as much detail as possible of your requirements.

Also mention and provide links, for the MT4 Renko Indicators you are currently using on MT4 as a reference, and I will get back to you tomorrow as I am on my way out now.

Fernando Carreiro:

OK! I will be a "nice guy" today and develop one for you based on your needs (for free). Just send me a PM with as much detail as possible of your requirements.

Also mention and provide links, for the MT4 Renko Indicators you are currently using on MT4 as a reference, and I will get back to you tomorrow as I am on my way out now.

You are the best. I sent you pm. Thank you so much.

Fernando Carreiro #:

Yes, the data can be transferred, but the question is - for what use?

You will not be able to trade live on your MT4 with that data. All you you can do with it, is run back-tests.

If your broker only supports MT5, you will still need to use MT5 for your trade operations. Alternatively, change brokers.

Mr, Good day. With what you have shared as advice. Can you point me to the solution of the tool I can use to transfer chart data from mt5 to mt4 for backtesting purposes. I want to transfer broker chart data so I can backtest the synthetic indices using the simulator. Also broker supports only mt5 and will that affect the data if its transferred to a different broker on mt4.

Edited by moderator, to remove references to broker and 3rd party products which is against forum policy.

jacksimson84 #: Mr, Good day. With what you have shared as advice. Can you point me to the solution of the tool I can use to transfer chart data from mt5 to mt4 for backtesting purposes. I want to transfer broker chart data so I can backtest the synthetic indices using the simulator. Also broker supports only mt5 and will that affect the data if its transferred to a different broker on mt4
If by chart data, you mean tick data meant to backtest, you’ll find a lot of external tools that let you download such data for free from different feeds (DUKASCOPY, central banks and others).
I’m not sure if recommendations for such tools are allowed on the forums, but don’t hesitate to PM me and I’ll send you few links.

jacksimson84 #: Mr, Good day. With what you have shared as advice. Can you point me to the solution of the tool I can use to transfer chart data from mt5 to mt4 for backtesting purposes. I want to transfer broker chart data so I can backtest the synthetic indices using the simulator. Also broker supports only mt5 and will that affect the data if its transferred to a different broker on mt4.

MT5's built-in functionality, from the Symbols panel (Ctrl-U), allows you to export both bar and tick data, to a CSV file.

To convert that data into a suitable HST and FXT files for MT4, requires the use of 3rd party tools, but recommending such tools is against forum policy. You will have to do your own research.

Fernando Carreiro #:

MT5's built-in functionality, from the Symbols panel (Ctrl-U), allows you to export both bar and tick data, to a CSV file.

To convert that data into a suitable HST and FXT files for MT4, requires the use of 3rd party tools, but recommending such tools is against forum policy. You will have to do your own research.

May you kindly add me as a friend so I can direct message you? I have a few questions I would appreciate assistance with

jacksimson84 #: May you kindly add me as a friend so I can direct message you? I have a few questions I would appreciate assistance with

You are free to initiate a "Friend" request if you wish.

However, please refrain from using private messages for general questions, queries or assistance that can be done here in public.

Doing so here in the forum, benefits other readers that may have similar issues in the future.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez #:

I have not tested it and therefore I do not know if it works correctly, but here is a script that saves MT5's historical data in MT4 (hst) format. It is assumed that you only have to copy those hst files to your MT4 platform.

Regards.

Thanks a lot for sharing my friend. Helped so much!
Reason: