What happen to an EA that you have purchased when the author removes it from the Market?

By purchasing a EA, you acquire the right to use it within the scope defined by the terms and agreement which stipulates that you are allowed to install it on 5 different computers (5 activations).

- Does the EA continue to work after an author remove it?

- What happen to the remaining unused activation? Do you lose them completely therefore you should use them ASAP in case the EA disappear?

- What happen if by extreme bad luck, the author remove it very soon after I bought it?

Scenario:

Say for example it is an expensive 2500$ one and the author removes it after I have time to activate once but then I decide to change VPS (or I install it on my laptop but it crash and I have to re-install it) and need to activate it again, but the author removed it. What is the legal recourse? I would waste money buying a piece of software that I can't use. Am I missing something?

I have found an EA that works and I'm afraid it won't be available in a year or 5 years.... Am I safe or am I doomed to keep having to find a new one that is profitable when the EA is no longer available (and waste money buying a piece of software that the lifecycle have a limited and extremely uncertain lifespan?)

Example: I have tested this EA about a month ago (link to the product was removed) but it is now unavailable. What if I bought it? It was 400$ to buy.

Does the EA continue to work after an author remove it?

I think - yes, it will contunue to work for you (if you bought it).
Concerning the number of activations so - no idea sorry.

You can write to the service desk because they should know more about it.

dominicbranchau:

.... continue to work after an author remove it?

Hi Domini,

Good news for you,
in control panel of the product,
we can't find any possibility of deleting the product.

At least till today :)

Good luck.

Yohana Parmi:

Hi Domini,

Good news for you,
in control panel of the product,
we can't find any possibility of deleting the product.

At least till today :)

Good luck.

I have posted a link to a now unavailable product but it looks like moderators removed it. It clearly can happen. Maybe the product was removed by the market policy enforcer and not by the author, I don't know.

dominicbranchau:

I have posted a link to a now unavailable product but it looks like moderators removed it. It clearly can happen. Maybe the product was removed by the market policy enforcer and not by the author, I don't know.

Ohh.. yes, it might be like that

The author cannot remove product but they can request to moderators (internal moderators or support team not forum moderators) to take down their product.

Buyer can use as normal any purchased product after removing from the market but without updates.

Any product is seller property MQL5 acts as selling market with few rules applied on buyer and seller.

Any released products can be reverse to draft shape if moderators find any critical problem or script inside and they can advise the author to fix it. 

A free product has different policy than the paid product.

Mostly authors request to take down their product if they plan to sell in other markets. 

Activation's policy will be applied at purchase time.  

All Buyers of a removed Product can still download and install it in their MetaTrader platforms within the available number of activations.
This is from the MQL5 website