discussion of martingale in trading - page 2

Angelito Cartagena:

Hedging and martingale combined are perfect strategy for disaster.....why complicate things?if most traders cannot be successful using conventional approaches then what made us think that their is such a thing that will work on a martingale approach. Sorry to spoil your hope!

Your opinion

Mohammad Soubra:
Your opinion

Hi,

I thought @Angelito Cartagena is correct.
He said "Hedging and martingale combined"

Especially if that way use lagging or repaint in technicals + psycho error.
Just about time, soon or later, account could be stopped out (MC).
or DD will reaches above 70%

hehe..

Yo.  ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

I completely agree with Angelito Cartagena.

If you can succeed on markets without Martingale, why do you need it?

If you can't, then Martingale won't give you better chances. It will increase your success rate until it blows up your account. You can't add a mathematical neutral approach to not profitable system, in order to make it profitable. 

So, if you lose without Martingale, that means that your system is not profitable. Adding Martingale to it will multiply the effect of your trading mistakes to a level, lethal for your account.

If you are still not sure, then program it and test it.

Mostly peoples taking martingale as loss grid only but there another side profit grid

How Martin makes loose, let's say opened 100 grids and won with average profit on price rigging advantage, but 101st  grid vanished all

Now think tried 20 times positive grid but due to rigging stopped on little average profit/loss but 21st Grid gain trend and catch better.

A real profit trading is so boring and much hard working and comes with time.

This works only.

Boyan Taksirov:

If you are still not sure, then program it and test it.

Or you can try this in MT4 Tester with my trading simulator available on the market for free.

Increase the lot size when you lose, and tell us how you did.

Mohammad Soubra:
How long you are a martinale fan?! How long you are in Forex?

I beleive that hundreds of trades a day in martingale will give the same results of few regular trades. But the risk will remains the edge..

Completely agree !.

Reason: