Strategy tester on mock currencies

Hi there,

I have been trying to test my strategy, but it is difficult to test directly on historical data. Is it possible to test in a more controlled environment? I have the impression in some articles are used "mock" currency (a currency made up with controlled data). Am I wrong?

I'm using metatrader4, if possible give some references to me find the correct information.

Thanks

rlucca:

Hi there,

I have been trying to test my strategy, but it is difficult to test directly on historical data. Is it possible to test in a more controlled environment? I have the impression in some articles are used "mock" currency (a currency made up with controlled data). Am I wrong?

I'm using metatrader4, if possible give some references to me find the correct information.

Thanks

Hi,

What do you mean :

1. Test your strategy by manual trading on data history with indicator, or
  2. Full auto trade by EA directly ?

Sorry I didnt receive the update on question. It is the second case, full auto trade by EA. What happens I test the EA on some set of days but I'd like to do some patterns that I never see on charts.

Actually, I'm answer because I migrate to metatrader 5 and there I know that I can create an asset with a CSV.

Thank you

Reason: