Save Indicators

Is there a way to save "profiles" where only the indicators are saved and you then can apply them to a new chart? Profiles or templates seem not to work because they save either the objects too or they save whole groups of charts (profiles).

Attach the indicators to a clean chart with no objects and save the template.

If the indicators create the objects, try deleting all objects before saving the template.

alainschaerer:
Is there a way to save "profiles" where only the indicators are saved and you then can apply them to a new chart? Profiles or templates seem not to work because they save either the objects too or they save whole groups of charts (profiles).

You could edit the template (e.g. using Notepad++ editor), and remove the <object> nodes.

The thing is I want to have 2 "profiles" (profiles that are independent from symbols and objects like I described). One profile is for analysing/support ressistance drawing and the second is for trading.When I analyse, I draw objects onto the chart. When I create a template without objects and I apply this template, it obviously removes the objectsI created with the Analyse-"profile", so this way won't work.

Code Profiling - Creating Programs - MetaEditor Help
Code Profiling - Creating Programs - MetaEditor Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
Profiling is a process of gathering application features, such as an execution time of its individual fragments (functions, lines). MetaEditor has...

alainschaerer:

When I create a template without objects and I apply this template, it obviously removes the objectsI created with the Analyse-"profile", so this way won't work.

Here's a couple of scripts that I wrote a long time ago. I don't know if they may be useful to you. It only works with trend lines and horizontal lines.

Use the copy script to write a file with the objects' details. Apply the new template which, as you say will delete the objects. Use the paste script to  re-draw the objects.

The scripts could be expanded to work with additional objects .

Files:

How do you use the copy and the paste indicator ?

do I drag them into the chart to copy and drag paste into the new chart to paste ? like this it does not work

mge0rge:

How do you use the copy and the paste indicator ?

do I drag them into the chart to copy and drag paste into the new chart to paste ? like this it does not work

If you are replying to my post, they are scripts, not indicators.

Use the copy script to write a file with the objects' details. Apply the new template which, as you say will delete the objects. Use the paste script to  re-draw the objects.

It only works with trend lines and horizontal lines.

They work fine on my charts.

Keith Watford:

If you are replying to my post, they are scripts, not indicators.

It only works with trend lines and horizontal lines.

They work fine on my charts.

got it now.Thx

Reason: