separating multiple EA trades in trade report

Hi, I'm trying to run multiple EAs at once using live data.  My bots work fine, and they make trades without clashing.
My problem is that I want to be able to pick out which bot made which trade, from the trade report.  Is it possible to append some sort of identifier to the trade report?

I've floated around the ideas of (1) starting multiple demo acconts, and (2), using different markets for each bot.  However, these two solutions are compromises.

Are there any better ones?  

billyc59:

Hi, I'm trying to run multiple EAs at once using live data.  My bots work fine, and they make trades without clashing.
My problem is that I want to be able to pick out which bot made which trade, from the trade report.  Is it possible to append some sort of identifier to the trade report?

I've floated around the ideas of (1) starting multiple demo acconts, and (2), using different markets for each bot.  However, these two solutions are compromises.

Are there any better ones?  

I do not know the intricate details involved, but when I look at my trade history in MT5, there is a column labeled ID.  On MT4, there is the possibility to put a Comment field on it at the end.  I have not used more than 1 EA on it for trading, but in the Comment section is a name of the EA I did use.  Hope this helps you find the info you need.

billyc59:

Is it possible to append some sort of identifier to the trade report?

Hi, one idea is to put a distinguishing comment with the trades of each EA (in OrderSend). Going through trade history, you should be able to track the performance of each EA. I remember having read, that some brokers overwrite comments, so this might not work for your setup!

After doing my own investigations, there's no possible way to solve my problem.  
OrderSend's comments don't show up anywhere.  

If you know what magic numbers each EA used, you could write a script to loop through all the trades and write the details of trades with that magic number to a file.

In real time, you can write additional code in the EA  to write to a  file  when it places a trade.

Reason: