Profit or Break even Strategy

Dear Traders

how you doing? 

i have a question:

i was thinking of formulating a new hedge strategy, the following question jumped into my mind, so i thought of posting the question in this forum as it is a full of experts.

Is there any strategy that can closed on profit or in worst case break even. 

thanks in advance

best 

tarigeltayeb: Is there any strategy that can closed on profit or in worst case break even.
No matter where you enter, the market can always instantly reverse and never return, so no.

whroeder1:
No matter where you enter, the market can always instantly reverse and never return, so no.

Dear whroeder1 

thanks for reverting. 

i believe hedging/grid can solve problem of reverse (and creating other problems), see i believe also market is always right? so let it reverse and let it never return, that's the way it operate.

am trying to formulate strategy based on all these among others, strategy that for e.g. can profit from trend and break even at time of swinging!!!

tarigeltayeb:

Dear whroeder1 

thanks for reverting. 

i believe hedging/grid can solve problem of reverse (and creating other problems), see i believe also market is always right? so let it reverse and let it never return, that's the way it operate.

am trying to formulate strategy based on all these among others, strategy that for e.g. can profit from trend and break even at time of swinging!!!

He ( @whroeder1 ) answered you correctly.

But you're also have good reason.

At your strategy, then you just need to find an area where the market is going to enter sideways range

and it depend on your time frame.

You can work there, until S/R broken to continue its direction :)

Yohana Parmi:

He ( @whroeder1 ) answered you correctly.

But you're also have good reason.

At your strategy, then you just need to find an area where the market is going to enter sideways range

and it depend on your time frame.

You can work there, until S/R broken to continue its direction :)

please vote, thanks

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/208618

Yohana Parmi:

please vote, thanks

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/208618

Dear Yohana, voted. 

Dear Traders

am trying to formulate a strategy that very safe, closed on profit or break even, so far i have reached 90% of completion level, but i have one more questions, what do you think is it a good strategy (profitable) in itself

tarigeltayeb:

Dear Yohana, voted. 

Thank you ^_^

There are many strategies but all of them will have some elements of martingale ... why not just take a small loss and free yourself from all the stress ?

Shehbaz Nawaz:

There are many strategies but all of them will have some elements of martingale ... why not just take a small loss and free yourself from all the stress ?

Dear Shehbaz

i already lost 30k of these small losses i have had enough losses, i will name my new strategy (ENOUGH), am looking for any strategy that having these idea of break even or profit (grid, martingale....etc) would you please recommend one? i need it to complete my 10% problem in my strategy. 

thanks a lot for your feedback 

best 

tarigeltayeb:

Dear Shehbaz

i already lost 30k of these small losses i have had enough losses, i will name my new strategy (ENOUGH), am looking for any strategy that having these idea of break even or profit (grid, martingale....etc) would you please recommend one? i need it to complete my 10% problem in my strategy. 

thanks a lot for your feedback 

best 

Such strategy doesn't exist:

- Hedging will eat all your trade margin sooner or later on a real account.
- Martingale masks risk and actually rises it exponentially, it also caps your profit capabilities.

Look for a real statistical edge (it must be based on actual market structure).

Have good money management (accept small losses, let profits run, use positive risk/reward).

Also, i don't believe on trailing/break even (unless they have logic behind them), they cut your winners short and let losers run to your stop loss, they force you to use bad risk/reward ratios.

But also stop loss will kill your automatic strategy if used with no logic (hard S/L's) . Stop loss tend to work better on momentum strategies and kills mean reversion.

The Hans 1,2,3 still works. If you still believe on grid, heding, martingale perhaps you may be interested on the following robots (test them under your own risk):

- mGRID EA
- swb grid
- RSI grid
- TOProfit
- MartingailExpert_v1.0_Stochastic v1.4a

May work if you manage to withdraw before the innevitable end.  

abaldenegro:

Such strategy doesn't exist:

- Hedging will eat all your trade margin sooner or later on a real account.
- Martingale masks risk and actually rises it exponentially, it also caps your profit capabilities.

Look for a real statistical edge (it must be based on actual market structure).

Have good money management (accept small losses, let profits run, use positive risk/reward).

Also, i don't believe on trailing/break even (unless they have logic behind them), they cut your winners short and let losers run to your stop loss, they force you to use bad risk/reward ratios.

But also stop loss will kill your automatic strategy if used with no logic (hard S/L's) . Stop loss tend to work better on momentum strategies and kills mean reversion.

The Hans 1,2,3 still works. If you still believe on grid, heding, martingale perhaps you may be interested on the following robots (test them under your own risk):

- mGRID EA
- swb grid
- RSI grid
- TOProfit
- MartingailExpert_v1.0_Stochastic v1.4a

May work if you manage to withdraw before the innevitable end.  

Dear Abaldenegro

thanks so much for your very valuable post, i believe that strategy exist! i have humble trading experience (3) years, i have reached more 90% of this type of strategy, my only problem now is that i want to increase the probabilities of profit over break even. 

your advises are 100% true, thanks once again, all the best 

Reason: