Differences with the same trendline in different timeframes

Hi,

I have drawn a trendline in my chart. Now when I click to other timeframes, I see that line at the same time on a different level (in max about 300 pips). In one the big timeframes (>H4) the line doesn't exist. I checked the properties and it is visible/allowed in each timeframe.

What is wrong? Is there a method to draw these lines exactly?

Maybe your TrendLine anchors are within the same bar on the >H4 timeframe ? Do you have Ray set for the TrendLine ?

Hi,

thank you for your answer.

I have checked the settings for the line (the are standard, ray-yes and on each timeframe)

Here I have made a few screenshots to show me problem:

M1:

M5:

M15:

M30:

H1:

H4:

D1:

W1:

MN:

You can see always the same the lines on the top of the chart. 2 horizonals (blue and red) and the thick green upward trend line.

On D1 the green line cutted the blue line on the end of october and now the red one.

But on W1 the green line hasn't even cutted the green line an the red one is far away.

The actual value of the green line is above 1472 (M1), 1473 (M5), 1474 (M15), 1474 (M30), 1473 (H1), 1474 (H4), 1474(D1), BUT 1432 in W1!!

What can I do? Have I drawn anything wrong??

Thank you!

sunshineh:

What can I do? Have I drawn anything wrong??

I suspect the problem is related to the timeframe on which the trendlines are originally placed on. If you place a trendline on H1 the times for the anchors are locked to the nearest hour as they are locked to bar positions. If you view this trendlne on lower timeframes I think it will be OK, but if you view it on higher timeframes the anchors are likely to be wrong, for example, an anchor on the 7am bar will move at least 1 hour on H4 and 7 hours on D1, etc.

Thanks for your answer. I understand what you mean, but I don't think that this is the problem.

That problem appears in different Timeframes, so that the higher and the lower are OK but in one TF the line has a big difference.

Reason: