ATC 2010: Common Errors of Novice Traders

On the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, we've published the new article: "Common Errors of Novice Traders". We all make mistakes, and traders are not an exception. However, we can avoid most of errors using experience of others. Experienced developers of Expert Advisors shared their experience talking about the most dangerous errors and illusions that afflict beginners in automated trading.

The article has been published on the website of the Automated Trading Championship 2010, in the News section.

The sponsors of the Championship are: Interbank FX LLC (IBFX), MIG BANK SA and FXCM (Forex Capital Markets LLC). The media sponsors are the TRADERS' journal and the Dow Jones information agency. The Organizer of the Championship is MetaQuotes Software Corp.

I learn a lot in this article:

"

Since optimization is equivalent to adjustment of a trading tool to the current market “moods”, you can’t be sure that the “weather” won’t change after the testing period, - Rashid says. – A trader’s experience is required to understand to which type of market the Expert Advisor belongs. Or better find a method to measure how a trade system would match the current market situation.

how about you?

I also find that I have commited a cricital error , that is do not accept appropiate losses, always think how to aboid it, as a result , it reduce the entry times of market, ie. less profit

it's stupid , because there are no 2 perfect in this world , we should give a way  to loss, let them exist in our EA

ONLY do things , when the loss is too big , or finding the methods is always loss.

if you insist to over optimize , then your spirit, your health will also be over-exhausted

Reason: