my backtest runs faster and then slow down - page 2

angevoyageur:
What is the value of HL_Prd ? Are you executing this on each tick ?

yup, on every tick.

HL_Prd is 9 

doshur:

yup, on every tick.

HL_Prd is 9 

I will check.

angevoyageur:
I will check.

Have you found anything?

I'm using 6mins plus to backtest my EA with 3 years of data only. Does using MqlRates slows down the EA?

The rest of my EA only takes 3 mins.

All on every tick mode

and is there any performance difference if I declare my variables in global vs inside on tick? 

doshur:

Have you found anything?

I'm using 6mins plus to backtest my EA with 3 years of data only. Does using MqlRates slows down the EA?

The rest of my EA only takes 3 mins.

All on every tick mode

and is there any performance difference if I declare my variables in global vs inside on tick? 

Sorry, not had time yet.

doshur:

When I run backtest, it is very fast at the begining but as it progress like after 50%, it starts slowing down coming to a crawl

what is the problem? coding or I need to zeromemory all my variables? 

Hi doshur, I see this happen when there is an intermittent error in the EA, since some agents start to fail.

So I suggest you check if some sort of error is not happening and if the agents are not failing slowly, one by one.

figurelli:

Hi doshur, I see this happen when there is an intermittent error in the EA, since some agents start to fail.

So I suggest you check if some sort of error is not happening and if the agents are not failing slowly, one by one.

Agents in the cloud? Im running on single test and it is slow

doshur:
Agents in the cloud? Im running on single test and it is slow
Thought it was. In this case (running on single rest) I have no problems.

doshur:

yup, on every tick.

HL_Prd is 9 

There is no need to execute this code at every tick, the minimum off close price can only change with a new bar.

You don't show any code using MqlRates. You don't provide a code that compiles to reproduce your problem, so no way to help you.

Reason: